cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2006, 02:56 PM   #1
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano
Default Landis to Discovery?

Just caught the bit on the news last night. They said that Lance wants to pull Landis over to Discovery now.
It kind of annoyed me.
IIRC Lance and Landis parted ways because Lance is an egomaniacal jerk.
Now that landis is big-time, Armstrong wants him.
Any thoughts?
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisqueyano
Just caught the bit on the news last night. They said that Lance wants to pull Landis over to Discovery now.
It kind of annoyed me.
Any thoughts?
isn't this fanatastic news in the sense that Lance can actually forgive someone (even if it was just him doing the crap)?

But seriously, Discovery needs a GC contender, more specifically, they need an American one. Discovery corp. has to be appalled by this year's performance.

For Landis it makes sense to be on an American team that is much stronger than Phonak (even if not as strong as CSC or T-mobile). Phonak was awful in its support. Landis basically won on his own.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:05 PM   #3
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisqueyano
It kind of annoyed me.
Any thoughts?
Riding for USPS/Discovery meant riding for a Lance GC win. Everything else, including the hopes and asperations of the other riders, was secondary. That became fairly evident to Landis in 2004, so he bolted for Phonak.

Being without a realistic GC contender right now, it only makes sense for Discovery to try to lure someone away from another team. Landis is American and just won. The hip-replacement surgey is a big question mark for me. Will Landis ever be that competitive again?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:09 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

it wouldn't surprise me if in the future, we will hear the French argue how Landis' artificial hip is really an unfair advantage.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 03:43 PM   #5
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
it wouldn't surprise me if in the future, we will hear the French argue how Landis' artificial hip is really an unfair advantage.
LOL.

To which the response should be, "Well then, why don't you all get them."

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 05:28 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the French have already done Lance one better, having submitted most of their males to a double testicularresectomy.
Old 07-24-2006, 05:31 PM   #7
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I think Floyd's value is pretty ahrd to assess right now. He is opbviously cap[able of winning a Grnad Tour, but can he do it wiht an artifical hip? and if so, how long will it be beofre he is able to do so?

LA may just be trying to help Floyd out by showing demand for his services making it easier for Floyd to negotiate a new contract with Phonak.

How much would you spend on a guy that will get his hip replaced?