cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2006, 11:59 PM   #1
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default COmments from Levi about the disco move

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news.php?...ul06/jul27news
Old 07-27-2006, 12:28 AM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
He made it clear that he thinks this is "His" team, and well it should be until someone else takes over the top.

Despite what he says, how could he not feel threatened by Der Kaiser possibly joining the team? I can't imagine a scenario where Johan will allow 2 co-captains on the team. I may be wrong, but I think if they do bring Ullrich on board it will be to win a grand tour with him on the top of the podium and Levi helping him get there.

It says Levi left USPS in 2001 to go to Rabobank. Is that a typo? I was thinking he went straight to Gerolsteiner from postal, but my memory has failed me often lately.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 12:37 AM   #3
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
He made it clear that he thinks this is "His" team, and well it should be until someone else takes over the top.

Despite what he says, how could he not feel threatened by Der Kaiser possibly joining the team? I can't imagine a scenario where Johan will allow 2 co-captains on the team. I may be wrong, but I think if they do bring Ullrich on board it will be to win a grand tour with him on the top of the podium and Levi helping him get there.

It says Levi left USPS in 2001 to go to Rabobank. Is that a typo? I was thinking he went straight to Gerolsteiner from postal, but my memory has failed me often lately.
Ulrich is getting a little old for the TdF. IF he doesn't get suspended and IF Disco picks him up, my guess it will be for one last hurrah.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:37 AM   #4
creekster

Quote:

He went to Rabbo first, I believe.

I noticed his assertion of posession also. I also thought he made it pretty clear he didn't think Ullrich was coming over (and that seems like the sort of thing he would have asked about and it also seems like misrepresenting thazt sort of thing is not a good way for Johan to start of this relationship renewal). I also noted that the statements of Ullrich's interest in Disco were all from Ullrich, never confirmed by anyone from Disco. Thus, i suspect no ullrich and probabyl no basso. I am not too excited about Levi, however. A good guy and I love his grit but I doubt he will win a grand tour.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:38 AM   #5
creekster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
Ulrich is getting a little old for the TdF. IF he doesn't get suspended and IF Disco picks him up, my guess it will be for one last hurrah.
I think Levi is 32, so he ain't exactly full of upside potential either.
Old 07-27-2006, 12:50 AM   #6
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I remember Levi riding for Rabobank the year we got into cycling.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote