cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-13-2006, 11:03 AM   #1
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Today's stage

Mayo falling off the back and Eurosport thinking he won't even finish today. They're placing bets on when he gets off the bike on this first climb.

They are saying Leipheimer is looking okay, whatever that means.

With Lombardi dropping out, CSC is down to six riders, a far cry away from the eve of the tour when they had one of the favorites to win whole thing.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.

Last edited by myboynoah; 07-13-2006 at 11:13 AM.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 12:20 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

today's stage is starting to piss me off.

What the hell are the big boys doing? Does anybody want to win this Tour?

Man, did we not know how much we would miss Lance.

Here is a perfect stage to hurt some rival, and all they do is sit on their keesters. The Tour doesn't last forever. Disco you guys suck right now.

CSC has nobody.

Landis, what's your strategy?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:39 PM   #3
myboynoah

All I can guess is that with three more climbs left, ending with a big one, they are waiting to attack AG2R on the second to last or last climbs. If nobody makes a move today, I will wonder what is going on. With the peleton closing the gap, I wouldn't be surprised if they eat up the 4-5 leaders by the last climb, if not before.

Voeckler is making an interesting move. I remember him being the darling of France two years ago when he held the yellow for about 10 stages before the Pyranees ate him up.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:20 PM   #4
myboynoah

What a finish!

Well, I think Levi answered all the doubts, at least for today. Eurosport was saying that Levi still thinks he has an outside chance at the GC, given all the uncertainty in this year's tour.

Landis, while not winning the stage, made a move.

Discovery appears to be in a shambles.

Things are getting interesting.

Old 07-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #5
myboynoah

Wow, Landis takes the yellow.

Cool, but I wonder if Phonak can defend. Do they want it this early?

Old 07-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Disco are pretenders.

What did they mean when they said Disco lost a lot of riders? Did somebody abandon?

Or did they mean they lost time?

Landis and Leipheimer are showing their stuff.

Lance built his team for himself and didn't think about his legacy thereafter. No leader on Disco.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:27 PM   #7
myboynoah

I think they mean losing time. As far as I know all the Discos remain, but big minutes back.

This is one weird year, or maybe I'm not used to the lack of control that Lance seemed to exert over previous tours.

Levi made significant gains to move up to 13 on the GC, although 5+ minutes back.

Old 07-13-2006, 06:19 PM   #8
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Mayo has to be the biggest basque disappointment since I discovered what they really put in Tripe. He abandonned on the first climb? Amazing. WHat a disappointment.
Old 07-13-2006, 08:33 PM   #9
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Big George answered any questions today about his chances at the CG. Holy cow! 21:23 in one stage!
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 09:01 PM   #10
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
Big George answered any questions today about his chances at the CG. Holy cow! 21:23 in one stage!
Truly amazing. I wonder if he realizes that he's cost me Creekster's grand prize?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote