cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2006, 05:40 PM   #1
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano
Default Landis cracks

Drops totally out od the top ten. Now 9 minutes back. Pereiro is back in yellow.
levi is in 9th and is 7:40 back. Makes you wonder where he would have been if he had a better ITT. Landis would need a spectacular day tomorrow to recapture. I don't thinks it's possible. Plus, I expect Pereiro to defend the yellow and could take thing thing out right.
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:36 PM   #2
FarrahWaters

FarrahWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

ooooh, Mike's going to get you for putting that in the subject title. We tivo each stage and watch it in the evening, and he doesn't like anyone to ruin it.
FarrahWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano

Tell him to stay off the internet for the day.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:59 PM   #4
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Letting Pereiro have that free 30 minutes may turn out to be one of the worst strategical blunders in recent tour history. I'm saying this of course with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. I'm not just blaming Phonak either. Tmobile and the others should probably have reeled at least 15 of those minutes back. Pereiro should never have sniffed the yellow jersey after being more than a half hour back.

I felt so bad for Landis today. He's done even if he recovers his form tomorrow. He'll need so many others to bonk that it just isn't possible.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:10 PM   #5
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue
Letting Pereiro have that free 30 minutes may turn out to be one of the worst strategical blunders in recent tour history. I'm saying this of course with the benefit of 20/20 hindsight. I'm not just blaming Phonak either. Tmobile and the others should probably have reeled at least 15 of those minutes back. Pereiro should never have sniffed the yellow jersey after being more than a half hour back.

I felt so bad for Landis today. He's done even if he recovers his form tomorrow. He'll need so many others to bonk that it just isn't possible.
Good take. Phonak is not alone in that blunder. OTOH, I sitll don't think Pereiro will win the tour. Landis' goose is clearly cooked, however, as he cracked for the ages today. He was losing like 50 seconds every half mile there for a while. It was like Indurain in '96. THat was a SPECTACULAR crack.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:37 AM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quisqueyano
Tell him to stay off the internet for the day.
Talking smack to my wife? Hmm....
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2006, 02:19 PM   #7
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
Talking smack to my wife? Hmm....
That is hardly talking smack. That's just an idea that would keep you in the dark til you could watch the tivo.