cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2006, 07:41 PM   #1
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano
Default My ride today

Nobody seems to be talking about anything other that impotency. So I will share my ride today.
From my office to the top of big cottonwood canyon. Round trip distance of about 23 miles. Almost exactly half of that is climbing.
Flew back down. Top speed of 43 mph.
I feel great. i forgot how much I love the roadie. Fast, smoothe and elegant.
I plan on the same ride tommorrow.
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 12:15 AM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Not too much going this week for me, as my tuesday morning group all flaked on me, leaving me to do a 20 miler solo in the dark.

Last saturday I had a fun ride. We had 4 guys show up - 2 are very fast and then there's the other 2 of us. They punished us for about 15 miles up to the "gate". Then after a fun, fast, rolling downhill, our tour guide took us to some new roads that were just insane. We had about a 4 mile climb, grade varying between 8% and 22%!!! At one point I was struggling to stay upright while maintaining my 3mph pace.

We finished with our classic sprint down one of my favorite roads in the county. Nobody was making any moves for me tag along with, so I decided to go on a suicide mission and make a run for it. My buddy who was in the back said my attack lasted for about 15 seconds before the boys grabbed my back wheel, made me suffer for a minute and then blew by me for the finish. It was a noble effort that had absolutely no chance for success, but it was still fun.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2006, 01:56 AM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Well this week had intervals followed by cool down eight miles which was preceded by a swim of varying intensity.

Big hill rides this weekend planned. First a 21 mile of seven percent grade on Saturday, and then an 40 miler of 18 miles of eight percent grade. Sounds fun I guess.
Old 08-10-2006, 03:22 AM   #4
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

I did a 50 on Monday, rested Tuesday, and did about 20 today.

I was in WalMart this afternoon (that's a whole separate problem) and saw myself on the little closed circuit security tv.

Just when I start feeling good about myself...
Old 08-10-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano

2nd day in a row up the canyon. I could still feel yeaterdays climb in my legs. But I did feel like I could push a little harder today. I figure that since climbing is my Achilles heel I need to climb more to get better at it.
The descent was interesting. A strong head wind coming down. I tucked in really tight and flew. Max speed today was 43.5mph. It will probably take a rest day before I can feel any improvement in my climbing.
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote