cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > House Keeping > What should this site be?
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2006, 06:11 PM   #11
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeboy
What ever happened to Fuegote? Haven't seen him in a while.
Yes, Fuegote was a quality contributor for about a week or 2. I really enjoyed some of the stuff that he had to say.

That was at a time when the religion topics were pretty popular and somewhat volatile. I wonder if that had something to do with his disappearance.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 06:43 PM   #12
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
We've also lost a few quality posters in past couple of months. Even though we often diagreed, I enjoyed some of the religion contributions of Adam and Iluvatar when they were around. Chapel Hill Coug also had the potential to make for some interesting religious discussions.

I think you're right, it seems like we are hitting steady state conditions with regard to volume of quality posters who stick around for long.
I'll cop to scaring off Adam. He says I "terrify" him. As far as I'm concerned using "Adam" as your Internet handle is pretty self-deluded and strange, almost like using Jesus or God. His posts read like that's what he thinks he is. Probably comes from being a Duke fan.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:04 PM   #13
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Adam is his first name, and you don't get his very, very, dry wit. (You're intelligent enough to, but in writing, it doesn't come across).

Adam is probably not scared but has started a new practice in a new state. He has studied many issues well, is conversant in Arabic and Russian and is a Democrat.

I like Adam very much.
Old 03-21-2006, 07:12 PM   #14
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
Adam is his first name, and you don't get his very, very, dry wit. (You're intelligent enough to, but in writing, it doesn't come across).

Adam is probably not scared but has started a new practice in a new state. He has studied many issues well, is conversant in Arabic and Russian and is a Democrat.

I like Adam very much.
I didn't like how he got on his high horse with Fusnik over here and mpfunk on CB. He really needlessly and baselessly belittled them over silly disagreements. It seemed downright mean to me.

He said he's terrified of me. His words. He's also blocked my mail on CB, and, as you know, I'm not a stalker or anything. He did it after what I thought was a good dialogue.

I confess that I have not read too many of his posts all that closely. I'm surprised at some of the things you say including that Adam is his first name because he seems very pious to me.

—Paul Auster
Old 03-21-2006, 08:34 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
Mike are you thinking of locking the site?
No, not at all.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:46 PM   #16
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
I'll cop to scaring off Adam. He says I "terrify" him. As far as I'm concerned using "Adam" as your Internet handle is pretty self-deluded and strange, almost like using Jesus or God. His posts read like that's what he thinks he is. Probably comes from being a Duke fan.
And here I thought it was because he was a lawyer. Boy was I wrong. :P

And btw, for the short time that Adam was here, I had no problem with him. His general conference rant/blog was somewhat humerous.

All right, now I'm curious. What could you have possibly done to "terrify" Adam? Was it your love of classical music and the arts, because if so, then frankly he was justified.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 09:51 PM   #17
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegoose
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte
And here I thought it was because he was a lawyer. Boy was I wrong. :P

And btw, for the short time that Adam was here, I had no problem with him. His general conference rant/blog was somewhat humerous.

All right, now I'm curious. What could you have possibly done to "terrify" Adam? Was it your love of classical music and the arts, because if so, then frankly he was justified.
Nothing earth shattering. The Book of Mormon as literature, vs. King Lear, the Aeneid, that sort of thing.

—Paul Auster
Old 03-21-2006, 09:55 PM   #18
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I imagine, knowing him, that his comment was completely sarcastic. Later, he may have blocked feeling ashamed for having been so sarcastic. He is strong-willed, but so are most of us from time to time.

Seattle even called me cruel. Sometimes in my house, that's the mildest epithet thrown my way.

Growing up with diversity, being knocked around, called on the carpet is the least of my worries. It's when I am complimented that I begin to worry.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:43 PM   #19
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd like to see Sleeping in EQ post more. I also enjoyed Iluvatar's presence and wish he hadn't left. I think we'll add a quality poster every now and again but I certainly don't wish for any kind of an onslaught of posters. One has only to look at cougarboard to see what high volume can do. I enjoy brief visits to cougarboard but that site just can't compete with the quality on this site. There are far too many people there and too few of them are interested in good discussion.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 11:49 PM   #20
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree about Sleeping in EQ. He is provocative in an intelligent, reasonable way.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote