cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 08:16 PM   #61
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Only brain dead attorneys? Your quote came BEFORE you even provided a survey.

Here is a quick summary for your review:

Tex makes broad, absurd claim.
Cali asks for proof.
Tex provides a cite, then says it proves what he claims.
Cali points out the citation supports a proposition much narrower than what Tex claims.
Tex then argues that what he meant to say (and what any smart person would think he meant to say) is exactly what the citation says.

Hard to ever be wrong if your claims constantly evolve to mean exactly whatever any evidence you can provide says, even if the evidence you provide doesn't actually support your original claim.

Let me try one:

All internet links go to cougarguard.com.

http://cougarguard.com

Click on the link above for proof.

See- all internet links go to cougarguard.com (and if you can't understand that I mean that only the link above goes to cougarguard.com, then you are braindead).

And your explanation about my analogy is what is poor here (and all you really do is reference someone else's explanation, though oddly not Indy Coug's).
Sigh. I suppose all Cali Coug are destined to wallow in technicalities. All you've done is taken a single sentence from a single post, applied some of your lame lawyer language-parsing to it, and blown it way out of proportion. My point stands; I think the horse is long dead.

The NAACP is not going to get serious GOP attention while it's making James Byrd videos, simple as that. It is my opinion therefore, that blacks are going to have to change their attitude about Republicans far more than the reverse. Those empty podiums are more an indictment of their partisan politics than vice versa.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:28 PM   #62
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

You two have a helluva lot of endurance.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #63
Tex

Quote:
Ah, so now it is a technicality. A minute ago, I was a brain-dead California lawyer for not getting it.
It is a technicality. And you are a brain-dead lawyer for not getting it.

Quote:
And you are now arguing that blacks (the constituencies) must react more to the political party than the political party must react to the constituency. Earlier, you argued that only political parties respond to constituencies, and not the other way around.
You're twisting my words again. Ultimately political parties respond to constituencies, is what I said. Thus, if the NAACP wants the GOP to pay attention them, they're going to have at least pretend to be less partisan.

This isn't complicated stuff.

Quote:
Keeping track of your arguments is like trying to keep track of a certain ant in an ant farm.
It's more like watching you play Twister with yourself. Instead of taking the easy route to the red dot, you wrap your arm around your leg a few times, and then get mad at me for your pretzeled body.

Last edited by Tex; 07-16-2007 at 08:44 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:35 PM   #64
Tex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You two have a helluva lot of endurance.
Correcting the record when arguing with two liars is a full time job. I may need to hire an intern.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:45 PM   #65
Tex

Cali Coug's monolith Mormons.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19762071/site/newsweek/
Old 07-17-2007, 08:52 PM   #66
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
The NAACP represents a group of people defined by skin color, not by ideology.
Yeah and the ACLU is all about defending Civil Liberties of ALL Americans. Sorry but the names of both of those organizations are complete bullshit. When Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Bill Cosby, etc. are treated as the "enemy" by the organization, it's about ideology, not skin color.

Last edited by FMCoug; 07-18-2007 at 03:51 AM.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 03:30 AM   #67
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Yeah and the ACLU is all about defending Civil Liberties of ALL Americans. Sorry but the names of both of those organizations are complete bullshit. When Colin Powell, Condi Rice, Bill Cospy, etc. are treated as the "enemy" by the organization, it's about ideology, not skin color.
Thank you.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote