cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:40 AM   #21
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

But what proof do you have? DJRoss? What proof?
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:10 AM   #22
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
What is really laughable is your contention that you actually know what Hillary knew about the situation. Care to describe how you came to such a knowledge?
Are you suggestion that she might not have known?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:11 AM   #23
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
I will say that what she did does bother me. I am sick and tired of canned questions and canned answers. I want politicians to answer to the people, I don't want more of the same of what we have been experiencing for the past 7 years. I know this goes on in many campaigns, but I find it disappointing every time I hear about it nonetheless. The fact that others do it is no excuse for Hillary to also do it.

There is no evidence that she knew about the plant personally, but if she didn't know personally, I would hope she would fire whoever did it.
Just the past 7 years?

All politicians are the same. All of 'em.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 11-14-2007, 03:16 AM   #24
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
What is really laughable is your contention that you actually know what Hillary knew about the situation. Care to describe how you came to such a knowledge?
Come on, don't be naive. You actually think it was coincidence that she picked this girl in a room full of 200 people raising their hands to ask a question?
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 AM   #25
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
If I assess what it takes to be great sprinter by profession, am I making judgments which are absurd.

It takes the ability to run fast over a given distant. This means enough quick twitch muscle fiber properly trained. Many, many sprinters are very hyper and possess other characteristics.

I'm very familiar with what characteristics are required to be successful in the political process, and being rigid, tied to a moral code is an impediment. One must either see every shade of gray or jettison the moral code altogether to be successful and to navigate it.

It's akin to assessing what is important to be a great sprinter.
By the way, I am still trying to wrap my head around this nonsensical argument.

You seem to be arguing that politicians have to be sleazy dirtbags in order to be successful. In other words, you should admire the politicians who are the sleaziest of all the others, because they best exemplify the characteristics that make them successful.

How does that make any sense? And why do you despise politicians so much if you believe they are just trying to be all they can be by lying, cheating and stealing?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 AM   #26
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
I can't even begin to describe how low the agenda of planting questions has to be on the campaign issue chart. If Hillary is an effective leader, she has no reason at all to be buried in small details.
If she's an effective leader? Are you saying she is? What shred of evidence is there that Hillary has effectively led ANYTHING?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:19 AM   #27
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Yes. And any suggestion that she definitely did know can't be supported by the evidence.
Sounds like you're making an excuse for Mrs. Clinton.

Old 11-14-2007, 03:22 AM   #28
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
If she's an effective leader? Are you saying she is? What shred of evidence is there that Hillary has effectively led ANYTHING?
She was elected to the Senate, then re-elected, and currently stands atop the polls for the presidency of the United States. Not a shred of evidence that she is a leader?

Do you think you might be exaggerating a bit here?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 AM   #29
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:

I can guarantee you she will be asking about this detail in the future, now that it has hurt her (making it now a big issue worthy of her attention).
Dude, are you really THAT ignorant regarding this heinous piece of crap person? Do you hear yourself? You probably said the same thing about the Clintons after all the campaign contribution controversies from the past. Did that cause Hillary to be more careful about it? Apparently not, otherwise this whole mess with Charlie Hsu would not have happened.

P.S. - Please change your name, as you are an embarassment to the great state of California. Are you even a California native?
Old 11-14-2007, 03:23 AM   #30
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Sounds like you're making an excuse for Mrs. Clinton.
Not at all. I am saying there is no factual basis to jump to the conclusion that she personally did anything wrong. If such facts are brought forward, I think I made my views on the situation pretty clear earlier in this thread.