cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports

Old 01-03-2008, 08:33 PM   #41
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
You all see the world through the lens of the entitled and educated.

There is a whole different world outside of Happy Valley.
Thank God for Mike Waters who can lift us out of our cesspool of ignorance and show us the light. I never dreamed that there was anything beyond Utah County. Here I thought all black folk were like the Jeffersons or that Bill Cosby family.
Old 01-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #42
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
National AAU champion of what?
It's not important. I was one of the rich kids who could afford to get to the national championship.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 PM   #43
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It's not important. I was one of the rich kids who could afford to get to the national championship.
I wasn't trying to challenge you. I was curious. That must have been a rush to win a national championship in something as a youth no matter how competitive the field was. I went to Little League baseball playoffs in California after winning the state championship and it was a blast. The rich white kids from Cali kicked our ass. Rich 12 yo white kids throwing heat mixed with breaking balls that dropped two feet. A lot of the rich white kids even had dark skin and afro's or spoke Spanish.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 08:53 PM   #44
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I wasn't trying to challenge you. I was curious. That must have been a rush to win a national championship in something as a youth no matter how competitive the field was. I went to Little League baseball playoffs in California after winning the state championship and it was a blast. The rich white kids from Cali kicked our ass. Rich 12 yo white kids throwing heat mixed with breaking balls that dropped two feet. A lot of the rich white kids even had dark skin and afro's or spoke Spanish.
It's less of a rush than you think. At least for me.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote