cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 08-07-2008, 11:52 PM   #1
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default FM's weight loss update

Now that we're settled in here in Utah and things have calmed down a bit, I've finally been able to get back on the stick with trying to lose the weight. The good news is that I"ve lost about 10 lbs already without trying too hard, mainly due to the walking I do on a daily basis now. I park at the Layton FrontRunner station (pretty good walk to the train from where I park). Then I take TRAX from the Central Station to the Temple Square stop (just west of West Temple on S. Temple). From there it is about a .5 mile walk to my building, mostly uphill. Reverse it on the way home plus a few walks between buildings during the day and I'm walking about 1.5 miles a day just from the commute.

Need to work my weight up to riding my bike to the FrontRunner station now. Of course then I'll REALLY feel like a missionary again given that I have to wear a suit to work.
Old 08-08-2008, 02:55 PM   #2
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

how many lbs are you now?
Old 08-14-2008, 11:00 PM   #3
DJRoss

DJRoss is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Skype™ to DJRoss

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
Now that we're settled in here in Utah and things have calmed down a bit, I've finally been able to get back on the stick with trying to lose the weight. The good news is that I"ve lost about 10 lbs already without trying too hard, mainly due to the walking I do on a daily basis now. I park at the Layton FrontRunner station (pretty good walk to the train from where I park). Then I take TRAX from the Central Station to the Temple Square stop (just west of West Temple on S. Temple). From there it is about a .5 mile walk to my building, mostly uphill. Reverse it on the way home plus a few walks between buildings during the day and I'm walking about 1.5 miles a day just from the commute.

Need to work my weight up to riding my bike to the FrontRunner station now. Of course then I'll REALLY feel like a missionary again given that I have to wear a suit to work.
Hey FM, great that you are back in action. Don't give up man. I started back in January. I am 6'0" and weighed 260 lbs January 17th. Since then I have changed my eating habits by lessening my portion sizes (no seconds unless it is low cal high vitamin food) and more importantly eating every three hours. I have my breakfast at 6 than at I eat a handful of raw nuts and maybe a few baby carrots. At 12 another meal and at 3 another snack meal. At 6 I eat dinner and than at 9 I will maybe eat a yogurt or some fresh fruit. My metabolism after day 3 started to kick into 1st gear after having been in hibernation for so long.

As of today I weigh 222 lbs. My goal is to get to 180. I do exercise by power walking, jogging, hiking as fast as I can up the local trails. almost 40lbs lighter it feels awesome. My wife wants to get me some new clothes, but I told her I don't care how ridiculous it looks that I am drowning in my pants and shirt. I will wait until I reach 180.

I am still not able to run a 5K. I can run about half that distance, but broken up in spurts. If I am going to be able to do the sprint tris, I want to be able to run the entire distance.

Again good luck on getting back into things, and keep working hard at it.

Click on image for my card and blog
DJRoss is offline   Reply With Quote