cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food

Old 09-11-2008, 04:05 AM   #1
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk
Default A nice extra at Arctic Circle

So Mrs. Funk and I went to the temple tonight and Mrs. Funk always used to go get ice cream when they did baptisms for the dead, so she associates getting ice cream with going to the temple.

So we went to the Lehi Arctic Circle and got a raspberry cheesecake shake. Well first it was more like pink soft serve. Didn't have much raspberry or cheesecake bits. Of course this was the least of our problems when we found in the middle a dead beetle.

Is this what Artie means about the good stuff?
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:11 AM   #2
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Husband and wife lawyers find dead beetle in shake. Hmmmm..... I wonder what thought first went through their minds?
Old 09-11-2008, 04:37 AM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

in undergrad, my friend and I had coupons for some pizza deal at Godfather pizza in Orem. we drove over and ordered our pizza.

We were sitting down to eat and both grabbed a slice.

A few bites into it, my friend got a weird look on his face...he had bitten into some sort of thick stringy object. He pulled it out of his mouth. it was somewhat thick.

We looked under the other pizza slices and there it was.....a single strand of a mop. Don't know how or why, but it was baked into the bottom of the pizza.

We received a full refund. I have never eaten at a Godfather's Pizza since.

PS This same friend had terrible luck. when we ate at the subway across from the law school on 9th East, he found a big clump of hair in his cup. Disgusting.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:00 PM   #4
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Years and years ago (late 60's to be exact) my grandfather owned Arctic Circle. In fact that's where my parents met.

He has since sold it, and it has gone to pot.

Don't forget to include the key words "emotional distress" in your lawsuit.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:06 PM   #5
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

When my wife was about ten years old she and her friends found a gum wrapper in a moon pie. She wrote a letter to the company (Nabisco?) just for fun and a few weeks later there was a knock at the door at their home in a small town in a remote part of Southern Utah. There stood a senior executive for the company with several cases of goodies and a personal apology. She was a bit of a celebrity in town for that.
Old 09-11-2008, 03:13 PM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey MP. I'm sorry to hear about the bug in your milkshake. I'm also sorry to see Triple Father and Lebowski trying to one up the hell out of your awesome story. Those guys make me sick.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 03:20 PM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Hey MP. I'm sorry to hear about the bug in your milkshake. I'm also sorry to see Triple Father and Lebowski trying to one up the hell out of your awesome story. Those guys make me sick.
Don't you have an ambulance to chase?
Old 09-11-2008, 03:25 PM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Don't you have an ambulance to chase?
I understand you're a little touchy after getting worked by ERCoug, but that was still kind of low.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 04:10 PM   #9
Mrs. Funk

Mrs. Funk is on a distinguished road
Default On a brighter note, I suppose...

I will probably never want to get ice cream after going to the temple now.
Mrs. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:04 PM   #10
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry, but my story will win.

My mother in law was dishing her and my father in law some Dreyer's Ice Cream one night a couple of years back, and happened to uncover....a condom. In the middle of the ice cream. Which wouldn't have been a problem, except they had already previously eaten some of the ice cream out of the container.

They contacted Dreyer's, who of course, said my 65 year old MIL had planted the condom. So my in-laws hired an attorney, who had the condom tested. Luckily there were no bodily fluids that could be detected, but just in case, both of my in-laws were tested for HIV, Hepatits B, etc. It was a nightmare. In the end, Dreyer's settled, but my MIL wouldn't ever tell my wife the settlement amount. Hopefully it wasn't a lifetime supply of ice cream.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote