cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2005, 08:26 PM   #1
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Utes will win the NCAA tournament this season

This category is practically dead, so I thought I'd throw a bone likely to get some responses.

Unless of course, you all agree with my statement. :wink:
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:06 PM   #2
Parrot Head

Parrot Head is an unknown quantity at this point

If they do win it all, are you buying M&Ms for everyone? If so, that might get me wearing red come March.

I'm not expecting much joy from the court this year as my top team won it all and was subsequently decimated in the draft. And, well, we saw where Cougar hoops was last year....

But I've still got the national championship game on Tivo to keep me company.
Parrot Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:34 PM   #3
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Speaking of the Tar Heels, they lost their top seven scorers from last season, and in the Coaches pre-season poll, they are clear down at #34.

I think it just might be safe to say, "The [insert MWC team name here] are better than the champs, baby!!"
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 07:57 PM   #4
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
Speaking of the Tar Heels, they lost their top seven scorers from last season, and in the Coaches pre-season poll, they are clear down at #34.

I think it just might be safe to say, "The [insert MWC team name here] are better than the champs, baby!!"
Really???

I would love to think that were true, but I think its even safer to say that their #8 guy is a starter on any MWC, WAC and even some PAC 10 teams.

Roy Williams was given a gift last year. He's got his work cut out for him, but I think he'll still pull out a winning record this year.

BTW, I just read that Matt Dougherty is the new coach of Florida Atlantic University. His family must be so proud. :arrow: :wink:
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 09:55 PM   #5
manwithoneeye

manwithoneeye
Default Yeah, I think the Utes are showing their prowess today.

Not only are they breaking their home winning streak against OOC opponents, but they are getting humiliated by a good Arizona team.

I am glad this is on ESPN. Maybe it will help Utah get more big guys like Langvad, Big Red, and the other huge white guy, (Neville?), who should be sittiing on the bench next to Timmy Drisdom.

Hmm, I guess they won't break 50 in a 20-point loss. Nice.
manwithoneeye is offline   Reply With Quote