cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports

Old 02-13-2008, 02:36 AM   #31
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

I did make a comment on CB about this that 71 and I batted back in forth a bit. I made a comment I should not have. My point should have been stated better. It was meant to say no one should be kicked out for low church attendance but came out more like, "If he was kicked out, he did something worse". I did state that if he was kicked out it had to be for something more. I also stated that low church attendance is not the disease but a symptom. I stand by this. You do not stop going to church if all is well in your life. It just normally does not happen this way. I did not however state an opinion on whether the kid had done this or not, although like I said, I should have been more clear.

I come to this board in particular to read the religious discussion as I have a testimony that waivers on the worst of days. At first, when your faith is as mine, some of the discussion leads to questioning your beliefs even further, but as you continue to digest, the opposite effect takes place and I experience growth. As I do not have a very open discussion family, I am not sure if this is the normal discovery process for a testimony but it is definitely the only way I seem to be able to grow. As you will notice it does not take me asking the questions or participating in any way. I do not know enough of the gospel to feel comfortable in contribution.

I got way off topic, sorry, but I am chalking this mistake up to growth. So I will eat my crow and apologize to Mr. Walton for opining on a subject I had little to no facts about and making assumptions I should not have.

We Square?
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "

Last edited by Coach McGuirk; 02-13-2008 at 05:25 AM.
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2008, 02:57 AM   #32
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
I did make a comment on CB about this that 71 and I batted back in forth a bit. I made a comment I should not have. My point should have been stated better. It was meant to say no one should be kicked out for low church attendance but came out more like, "If he was kicked out, he did something worse". I did state that if he was kicked out it had to be for something more. I also stated that low church attendance is not the disease but a symptom. I stand by this. You do not stop going to church if all is well in your life. It just normally does not happen this way. I did not however state an opinion on whether the kid had done this or not, although, like I said, I should have been more clear.

I come to this board in particular to read the religious discussion as I have a testimony that waivers on the worst of days. At first, when your faith is as mine, some of the discussion leads to questioning your beliefs even further, but as you continue to digest, the opposite effect takes place and I experience growth. As I do not have a very open discussion family, I am not sure if this is the normal discovery process for a testimony but it is definitely the only way I seem to be able to grow. As you will notice it does not take me asking the questions or participating in any way. I do not know enough of the gospel to feel comfortable in contribution.

I got way off topic, sorry, but I am chalking this mistake up to growth. So I will eat my crow and apologize to Mr. Walton for opining on a subject I had little to no facts about and making assumptions I should not have.

We Square?
That's a nice post, Coach. Bravo.