cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-02-2007, 11:56 PM   #31
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
What is so sinful about seeing a women's hair on her head?
What is so sinful about wearing a pair of Haynes boxer briefs?
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2007, 11:58 PM   #32
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
What is so sinful about wearing a pair of Haynes boxer briefs?
I really don't want to picture Mindful in them. That's an image I could have done without, you sick person.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:18 AM   #33
non sequitur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I really don't want to picture Mindful in them. That's an image I could have done without, you sick person.
I'm not talking about Mindful. I'm talking about those that wear the Salt Lake City surfing shorts.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
Old 08-03-2007, 08:42 PM   #34
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
You didn't say yes or no. That's actually a more simple one word answer.

I never said your answer wasn't an honest one, but I did say you really avoided the REAL question that I asked, which was and still is a Yes or No question.
dont you think its sort of unbecoming to impose some one to provide an odd "yes or no" answer while the question is totally conditional?
what possible privilege and honor "attending in a soccer stadium"would donate us that make me vacillating or fearful to provide a "No" answer? it has never been a big deal ,its all just about fun period
if you wanted to hear a "yes or no" answer you should have asked like this:
[you]: do women in iran ever play soccer?
[me] :yes.
[you]:how about futsal?
[me]:yes ,we do have women soccer and futsal national teams in Iran

or you even could go for question like these:

[you]: have the united state and iran ever had a soccer game? (men teams)
[me]: yes .
[you]:did iran win the game?
[me]: yes ,she did

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 08-07-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 08:46 PM   #35
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
It was in the news here recently, so I was curious. Having the chance to communicate with an Iranian women is a privilege few here in America enjoy, so I thought I'd ask. I didn't intend for it to be confrontational.

Trust me, if we had a Turkish, British, or French muslim on this board I'd be more than eager to ask them about the hijab.
well,the plan is all about improving social security condition ,so they are operating various approaches..
one of them is about collecting drug abusers off the streets ,organise different place to help them out or keep them out of cities if they are in a severe conditon and not cooperative with health care staffs..
another plan is about detaining vicious,dangerous persons who have been intimidating and blackmailing/threatening and also engaging in a horrified acts against ordinary people..
the other plan is for managing some outlandish clothing and appearence which has no intimacy with our culture nor religion... we are having an islamic government which enthusiastically advocate stable family and moral values.,how possibly we can have women wearing those flashing/ provocative cloths inviting men all the time and endangering women's diginty with being a matter of enjoyment for dirty eyes and minds.
it was sort of full report ,wasnot it?
Old 08-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #36
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
dont you think its sort of unbecoming to impose some one to provide an odd "yes or no" answer while the question is totally conditional?
what possible privilege and honor "attending in a soccer stadium"would donate us that make me vacillating or fearful to provide a "No" answer? it has never been a big deal ,its all just about fun period
So, the answer is no, women don't attend soccer games. See how easy that was?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:05 PM   #37
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
well,the plan is all about improving social security condition ,so they are operating various approaches..
one of them is about collecting drug abusers off the streets ,organise different place to help them out or keep them out of cities if they are in a severe conditon and not cooperative with health care staffs..
another plan is about detaining vicious,dangerous persons who have been intimidating and blackmailing/threatening and also engaging in a horrified acts against ordinary people..
the other plan is for managing some outlandish clothing and appearence which has no intimacy with our culture nor religion... we are having an islamic government which enthusiastically advocate stable family and moral values.,how possibly we can have women wearing those flashing/ provocative cloths inviting men all the time and endangering women's diginty with being a matter of enjoyment for dirty eyes and minds.
Thank you for your thorough answer.

Do you think that non-Muslim people should be required to dress in that manner?
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 09:23 PM   #38
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:

or you even could go for question like these:

[you]: have the united state and iran ever had a soccer game? (men teams)
[me]: yes .
[you]:did iran win the game?
[me]: yes ,it did
No...I don't think it's unbecoming to ask a yes or no question,,,but thanks for telling me how I SHOULD HAVE asked you a yes or no question. lol....it's clear to see the kind of obvious mindset you've been conditioned and forced into having over there. lol.

Yes or no questions are the EASIEST kind to answer. Your fear of the one posed earlier is irrational.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:34 PM   #39
non sequitur

Quote:
...how possibly we can have women wearing those flashing/ provocative cloths inviting men all the time and endangering women's diginty with being a matter of enjoyment for dirty eyes and minds.
Thank God -- or Allah, in your case -- for women willing to have their dignity endangered. Did it ever occur to you that women who wear provocative clothing are simply empowered? That they choose to take ownership of their own bodies? That they choose to take control of their own sexuality? That they enjoy the freedoms that they are afforded? Did it ever occur to you that they are the ones to be congratulated? That you are the one to be pitied?
Old 08-03-2007, 11:59 PM   #40
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Is that why the radical Muslims are so angry all the time? They don't get enough sex, their women are in burqas (sp?), etc. ?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote