cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 3 day suspension for me

I asked a question about why we pretend Pakistan is our ally. and then tagged to that I put "Snipe? Tex?"

Which was soliciting an answer from them.

This caused me to be suspended for 3 days. I guess this is under the rule "we do whatever the hell we want."

They really are out of control, and I'm seriously considering going the BYU71 route.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:35 PM   #2
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I asked a question about why we pretend Pakistan is our ally. and then tagged to that I put "Snipe? Tex?"

This caused me to be suspended for 3 days. I guess this is under the rule "we do whatever the hell we want."

They really are out of control, and I'm seriously considering going the BYU71 route.
While I read your post and thought the suspension was a bit much, I have to tell you, Mike ... if you went the BYU71 route, I'm not sure many would miss you.

Just like not many would miss me if I disappeared from CG.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:37 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
While I read your post and thought the suspension was a bit much, I have to tell you, Mike ... if you went the BYU71 route, I'm not sure many would miss you.

Just like not many would miss me if I disappeared from CG.
exactly. screw them.

if I'm not considered an asset to the board over there, so be it.

no more helping people over the phone or through boardmails about their mentally ill relative. etc.

Kicking me off would be doing me a favor. I'll probably help someone and get sued.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:54 PM   #4
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Jefe has a pretty good thing going over there. Now this is just a guess on my part.

A big part of his following are those who sit back and gripe and moan about people who don't fit the "BYU mold". Go talk to a Bishop. They all have members who come in continually complaining about how other members of the ward act. They are vocal and as such get paid attention to, much like a hemroid.

Your suspension and agreeing to sign to rules, confirm your allegience to the herd, which satisfies them. Rules and punishment are what these types understand. I am not sure I would do it any other way if I were Jefe.

I do miss being on the board to needle those folks. The "rather lose and have no honor code violations crowd." Sadly they don't frequent this board.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Jefe rakes in the money. It's all about the money at the end of the day.

he has done the calculus that having me around causes him to lose money.

he may find the opposite is true.
Old 08-07-2007, 03:59 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

I have followed BYU71's lead and no longer post there, because I know I will break my promise to follow the rules. Of course, nobody's clamoring for me to return. I feel better not breaking the rules and not reading it any more.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
BYU71

Quote:
Jefe rakes in the money. It's all about the money at the end of the day.

he has done the calculus that having me around causes him to lose money.

he may find the opposite is true.
Mike, I hate to tell you this, but Goat doesn't post all that much on that board . His absence doesn't seem to have created much of a stir. If he doesn't cause much of a stir, you and I don't even cause a blip.

Personally I have no animosity toward Jefe or that board. I just have fundamental differences in how it is run and I can't overlook them anymore.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Mike, I hate to tell you this, but Goat doesn't post all that much on that board . His absence doesn't seem to have created much of a stir. If he doesn't cause much of a stir, you and I don't even cause a blip.

Personally I have no animosity toward Jefe or that board. I just have fundamental differences in how it is run and I can't overlook them anymore.
people have asked where you went, if that makes you feel better.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #9
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I have followed BYU71's lead and no longer post there, because I know I will break my promise to follow the rules. Of course, nobody's clamoring for me to return. I feel better not breaking the rules and not reading it any more.
Agreed. It was about my feelings and not what it would or wouldn't do to their board. I still read it though. More for info though like I read TBS.
Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 PM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

yeah, I have no illusions that there would be any sort of indignation or outpouring.

It's time for me to pull down my cowboy hat, turn my horse around and ride out of town.