cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-24-2007, 08:06 PM   #31
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
What is amusing is that those who complain the most about Jefe rarely acknowledge that they are amongst the biggest muckrakers on CB.

If you feel the need to be heard all the time, then why get upset if someone tells you to shut up once in a while? Even if they tell you to shut up for 36,000+ days?

If you want to voice your own opinion in an unfettered fashion, then start your own blog. Or do what mike did and start your own website. Or try talking to other humans around you.
What are you talking about? Did you even read my posts in this thread?

LOL...what is a "muckracker" to CB and Jefe is often times ridiculous.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #32
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
What are you talking about? Did you even read my posts in this thread?

LOL...what is a "muckracker" to CB and Jefe is often times ridiculous.
Yes, I read them. My reply was aimed not specifically at you, but at everyone who comes here and makes more than a passing comment about getting in trouble on CB. The practice makes little sense to me.

With regards to you specifically, surely you recognize that you argue a lot on CB and are far from a lowest-common-denominator poster (not saying I dont annoy many people, too, nor that you annoyed me). I think EWT's response to you kind of hints to this fact--although I am not speaking for EWT.

Your 36K ban is likely not the result of the the two boardmails you posted, but a littany of boardmails or conflicts with mods.

I agree that muckraking is subjective there. In fact, some of the biggest troublemakers there are quite conservative politically. But they get busted, too, I would guess, from time to time.

I guess what I am really trying to say is,

Can I borrow a feeling?
Can you send me a jar of love?
Hurting hearts need some healing.
Take my hand with your glove of love.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:39 PM   #33
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Triplet, don't bother. I have fought this fight a million times here with zero results. Whining about CB and Jefe is the thing to do here on CG.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:45 PM   #34
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Triplet, don't bother. I have fought this fight a million times here with zero results. Whining about CB and Jefe is the thing to do here on CG.
There does seem to be a general obsession with it here, yes.

I guess to clarify, I suppose there will always be CB talk here. My poorly worded point was that those who do complain rarely acknowledge that they were troublemakers on the other board, anyway. So why complain when you finally do get into trouble?

Anyway, no point in beating an already dead horse.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-24-2007, 09:12 PM   #35
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

I guess to clarify, I suppose there will always be CB talk here. My poorly worded point was that those who do complain rarely acknowledge that they were troublemakers on the other board, anyway. So why complain when you finally do get into trouble?

I will admit that about 50% of my 100 supensions/warnings were deserved, the other 50% resulted from my previous 50% putting me on a short leash.

I do still feel like calling Norcal a pillow biter should be allowed.
Old 10-25-2007, 05:57 PM   #36
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:

Obsession? Hardly. I am not the one that started this thread. I simply added to the discussion mentioning I was given the 36K punishment. I did not expand upon that until someone asked for the details.

The reason I post about this CB crap on here is because CB prohibits any discussion about it.

"Troublemaker?" That's the whole point of the my CB discussions on here! Jefe and his fellow butt-kissers are totally subjective, and arbitrary about their enforcement of the "rules." And what they consider "troublemaking" is out right ridiculous in many cases.

As for you Lingo, what the hell do you care about people bitching on here about CB? No one's forcing you to read the posts.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:40 PM   #37
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Obsession? Hardly. I am not the one that started this thread. I simply added to the discussion mentioning I was given the 36K punishment. I did not expand upon that until someone asked for the details.

The reason I post about this CB crap on here is because CB prohibits any discussion about it.

"Troublemaker?" That's the whole point of the my CB discussions on here! Jefe and his fellow butt-kissers are totally subjective, and arbitrary about their enforcement of the "rules." And what they consider "troublemaking" is out right ridiculous in many cases.

As for you Lingo, what the hell do you care about people bitching on here about CB? No one's forcing you to read the posts.
Lingo is looking for the opportunity to be someone's or some groups conscience.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:44 PM   #38
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
I don't anymore. I obviously did at one time, but now I don't give a flying crap. Go for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Lingo is looking for the opportunity to be someone's or some groups conscience.
Can I be yours? That would be fun.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:52 PM   #39
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't anymore. I obviously did at one time, but now I don't give a flying crap. Go for it.

No, I enjoy not having one.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 07:56 PM   #40
TripletDaddy

Quote:

Lingo, I am relatively new here. Why does everyone here appear to hate your E-guts? I honestly do not know.

I get that there is a pack hunt mentality against you here (which is ironic given the complaints of similar pack hunting on the other board), but what is the genesis of so much scorn?