cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 PM   #1
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crazy roommate stories

Here you can tell about some of the offbeat people you have lived with.

I have been fortunate to have had many awesome roommates, but my current one is a rather curious character. I know I've shared examples before.

Yesterday, the hand soap dispenser was empty, and his 100 oz. Costco refill bottle had very little left, so he decided to stretch the remains by mixing it with tap water, about half and half.

When I pumped on the hand dispenser, the contents shot across the sink and hit my shirt, because the consistency was so thin. So last night while out shopping, I bought a new refill. I dumped out his water mixture and topped it off with the new stuff.

Today, he is upset because I threw out his personal property.

I pointed out that his last bottle lasted for over a year, served its purpose, and what I dumped out was mostly water, and I replaced it with actual hand soap.

But no, what I did was show disrespect for his things.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:25 PM   #2
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Here you can tell about some of the offbeat people you have lived with.

I have been fortunate to have had many awesome roommates, but my current one is a rather curious character. I know I've shared examples before.

Yesterday, the hand soap dispenser was empty, and his 100 oz. Costco refill bottle had very little left, so he decided to stretch the remains by mixing it with tap water, about half and half.

When I pumped on the hand dispenser, the contents shot across the sink and hit my shirt, because the consistency was so thin. So last night while out shopping, I bought a new refill. I dumped out his water mixture and topped it off with the new stuff.

Today, he is upset because I threw out his personal property.

I pointed out that his last bottle lasted for over a year, served its purpose, and what I dumped out was mostly water, and I replaced it with actual hand soap.

But no, what I did was show disrespect for his things.
Oh I have one. I had a roommate who was watching me get ready for church one Sunday. Just doing my hair and makeup. After she'd been watching for a few minutes she said to me "I really wish that I cared as much about my appearance as you do about yours."

I asked her what she meant by that, and she said that she had noticed that I shower every day, I brush and floss my teeth, I use mouthwash, I do my hair, I put on makeup, I shave my legs, and armpits, and I even make sure my toenails look nice when I wear open-toed shoes.

She then proceeded to tell me that she doesn't shower every day, sometimes forgets to rinse off before she gets out of the shower (I still haven't figured out how that's even possible), only shaves when she's wearing a short skirt, never even considers what her toenails look like, doesn't care what her hair looks like, rarely wants to take the time to put on makeup, and frequently forgets to brush, hates flossing, and doesn't own a toothbrush.

I didn't really know what to say to that. Seriously, what can you say to that? She ended up getting married and her future mil sent her to personal hygiene classes as part of the wedding preparations. Until then I didn't know that those kind of classes even existed...for the record, they don't help.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:38 PM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I once splurged and bought a large jar of Honey to put on my Shredded Wheat cereal. One of my roommates decided his ice cream sandwich would taste better if he dipped it in my honey. I was disgusted as it left a huge collection of debris and residue floating in my honey jar. He was offended that I was disgusted.

Btw, the preceding was literal, not symbolic, representational or euphemistic.

Last edited by creekster; 11-02-2007 at 11:56 PM.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2007, 11:48 PM   #4
BigFatMeanie

BigFatMeanie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post

I shower every day, I brush and floss my teeth, I use mouthwash, I do my hair, I put on makeup, I shave my legs, and armpits, and I even make sure my toenails look nice when I wear open-toed shoes.
You don't use deodorant? Gross!
BigFatMeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:05 AM   #5
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
You don't use deodorant? Gross!
Nope, I'm like Matthew McConaughey, I think I have a great natural scent, and I want to share it with everyone around me.

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index....naughey_stinks
Old 11-03-2007, 12:11 AM   #6
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Nope, I'm like Matthew McConaughey, I think I have a great natural scent, and I want to share it with everyone around me.

Me too. I have great natural scent. It keeps me alone and gives me peace.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:21 AM   #7
creekster

Quote:

I used to NEED it every day. As I get older, I find a couple of times a week is good. Of course, it could just be that I no longer care what anyone else thinks.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:24 AM   #8
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I used to NEED it every day. As I get older, I find a couple of times a week is good. Of course, it could just be that I no longer care what anyone else thinks.
Since it seems like there's always somebody out there that takes these posts seriously, I feel like maybe I should be very clear that I use deodorant every day, without exception.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:27 AM   #9
creekster

Quote:
Since it seems like there's always somebody out there that takes these posts seriously, I feel like maybe I should be very clear that I use deodorant every day, without exception.
Oh. IN that case, I'm joking too. Yea, that's right, it's all a big joke. Ha ha.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:32 AM   #10
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Oh. IN that case, I'm joking too. Yea, that's right, it's all a big joke. Ha ha.
I use it most days. But I say I have to love my BO. They should name it "acid" and sell it. Zulu can confirm.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote