cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2007, 10:49 PM   #21
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Funk View Post
My roommate claimed that as soon as her ex tried to make a move for her, she felt sick and that she shouldn't have sex with him (more realistically, I decided later, she was scared of being loved and being vulnerable... and just scared about the new experience of sex in general). She also said that he treated her like a princess before they got married, and as soon as they got married, he started being emotionally and verbally abusive, which is highly unlikely because those things almost always manifest earlier than that if they really are an issue. They had only kissed once before they got married. That always confused me. Anyway, I think there are a multiplicity of factors. Her dad was pretty abusive and I don't think she'd ever had really healthy relationships with males in her life, family or other.

As far as bitterness about the divorce, I don't know. She's just never moved on. I think even the kindest and tenderest of men would have issues if their new bride was not willing to have sex with him. It was all very strange.
Unfortunately wacked out girls like her are too prevalent in the LDS Culture.

I'm thankful I'm dating someone right now who's very cool.
Old 11-03-2007, 10:55 PM   #22
Mrs. Funk

Mrs. Funk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Unfortunately wacked out girls like her are too prevalent in the LDS Culture.

I don't understand girls who aren't squirming through their wedding pictures , anxious to get out of the heavy white dresses and into a negligee.
Mrs. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:34 PM   #23
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
... and refused to consummate her marriage. Ever. After six months, her now ex-husband (quite understandably) gave her a one-way ticket back to her parents.
From our friends at AmJur (28 A.L.R.2d 499) :

The mere fact that one spouse has refused to have sexual intercourse with the other is not a ground for an annulment except where there is some such statute as the English Matrimonial Causes Act of 1937, which provides that a marriage shall be voidable on the ground that the marriage has not been consummated owing to the wilful refusal of the respondent to consummate the marriage.

However, it is extraordinary conduct for one spouse (usually the wife) to persistently refuse to have sexual intercourse with the other from the solemnization of the marriage until the separation of the parties.

Where one of the parties had the intention, at the time of the marriage, of not engaging in sexual intercourse with the other after the marriage, and the other party did not know of that intention at the time of the ceremony and would not have entered into the contract of marriage if he had known of the intention, and the guilty party continuously and wrongfully refuses to have sexual intercourse after the marriage, this is such a fraud as justifies the annulment of the marriage.

Plaintiff need not show that there was an express promise to have intercourse after the marriage, because when a man and a woman are of suitable age for normal sexual relations and do not discuss their intentions concerning such relations, each is entitled to assume that the other intends to engage in normal sexual practices after the ceremony, and if one of them has the intention of refusing all intercourse after the ceremony and does not reveal it, he is guilty of a fraudulent concealment.

Ordinary sexual relations are one of the essentials of the matrimonial state, and where one of the parties has a fraudulent intention not to have sexual relations with the other after the marriage ceremony the fraud relates to an essential of the marriage relationship or, as it is said, the fraud goes to the essence of the contract.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:41 PM   #24
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
And I think we all know what the term "very cool" is code for. Way to go Rocky!
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:51 AM   #25
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road
Default The Hug Raper

I once lived with the hug raper. That's what we called her. Personal hygiene was low on her list of priorities too. She was overweight and she smelled and she always wanted to give us hugs. She would just be talking to us and then suddenly, when we'd least expect it, and before we could dodge it, she'd be hugging us. We felt so violated.

She was also one of those girls who would "feel inspired" that so and so was her eternal companion. This happened at least twice during the year that I lived with her. She would work up the courage to profess her love and then be totally crushed when the guy would not reciprocate. She couldn't understand why he didn't have that inspiration too.

Also, she ate peanut and bacon sandwiches and would study in the apartment elevator, sometimes falling asleep there and spending the night. And she had chronic constipation and would monopolize our one and only toilet.
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 12:56 AM   #26
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

I had a room mate named Kwan-Lee and he cut a hole in the top of his milk lid and in the jug, and put a pad lock on it so that I wouldnt drink it. The funny thing was I just poured the milk out through the holes and still drank it, he would also draw a line where the milk was last so he woudl know if someone drank it.
Old 11-04-2007, 01:32 AM   #27
Mrs. Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
I had a room mate named Kwan-Lee and he cut a hole in the top of his milk lid and in the jug, and put a pad lock on it so that I wouldnt drink it. The funny thing was I just poured the milk out through the holes and still drank it, he would also draw a line where the milk was last so he woudl know if someone drank it.
My crazy roommate didn't care if I ate her food, but it meant she would eat my food which cost 2X as much. She got everything in bulk from Costco or Tidyman's and it was never very good. She'd eat my expensive French cheese and bread and then replace it with American cheese from Costco, telling me, "Hey, I got you some new cheese!" It would subsequently rot in the fridge while she waited for me to eat it, until it looked somewhat like the French cheese she'd eaten and smelled like dirty knickers.

Oh, and can I mention she never cleaned her crap out of the fridge? She had eggs that stayed in the fridge for SIX MONTHS that her old roommate had left behind. Seriously, how can people live like this?
Old 11-04-2007, 03:18 AM   #28
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Oh, and can I mention she never cleaned her crap out of the fridge? She had eggs that stayed in the fridge for SIX MONTHS that her old roommate had left behind. Seriously, how can people live like this?
Maybe she didn't want to touch the eggs because her old roommate had initialed them?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:03 AM   #29
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Me and a buddy had an RM roommate in the summer after our freshman year. He did not fit in with the rest of our apartment, he being mature and spiritual and us being 18 year old kids trying to have as much fun as possible before going away for 2 years. He was a nazi about people stealing his milk and he marked it with a line like your roomie did. He drank skim, so we'd steal some and replace it with water back up to the line. He never seemed to notice.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 04:14 AM   #30
Mrs. Funk

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Me and a buddy had an RM roommate in the summer after our freshman year. He did not fit in with the rest of our apartment, he being mature and spiritual and us being 18 year old kids trying to have as much fun as possible before going away for 2 years. He was a nazi about people stealing his milk and he marked it with a line like your roomie did. He drank skim, so we'd steal some and replace it with water back up to the line. He never seemed to notice.
Well, and the funny thing is, if he'd been cool about it, you guys probably wouldn't have been stealing his milk. Instead, it was your way at getting back about his being a tight ass. It's not worth the effort to be that anal about food!

However, when Mr. Funk's last roommate ran out of shampoo, he would steal Funk's shampoo in copious amounts, and Funk uses more expensive shampoo than I do. Funk's roommate used Suave Berries and Cream shampoo at $1.39 typically; it would make Funk mad, but he'd never do anything about it. I kept saying that he should just buy his roommate his kind of shampoo because it'd be cheaper than having him steal it all the time.