cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2008, 04:26 PM   #91
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Fair enough, but the Lakers were also beat on the boards on Sunday, to the tune of 25-8 in O-Rebs. Granted, the Jazz had plenty of missed shots to rebound, but the Lakers only shot 45%...
I wonder what the odds are of averaging 20 offensive rebounds and losing both games?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:58 PM   #92
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
I wonder what the odds are of averaging 20 offensive rebounds and losing both games?
No clue. But - in losses, the following teams AVERAGED 12+ O-Reb per loss:
Philly, Golden State, Cleveland, Milwaukee, New York, Utah, Houston, Atlanta, Seattle, Detroit, Chicago, New Orleans.

In their losses since March, Utah's had the following O-Rebs:

9, 10, 13, 13 (vs Lakers), 15, & 12.

Vs. Lakers this year (regular season):

13, 17, 9, 9 (their only win).

My guess is they'll hover between 10-15 O-Rebs most of the series. Game1 definitely appears to be the aberration.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #93
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Probably about as high as me telling you a week ago that Deron was going to have 5 points in the first half of game 1 and 3 points in the first half of Game 2. And, btw, Boozer will have zero points.

How stange that this whole series may turn on Okur. If he, or Korver, can start hitting more open jumpshots from outside, the lakers can no longer pack the paint. Enter Deron.

Until they start knocking those down, look for more Laker campouts around the paint.

Game 3 is going to be exciting. And i bet it will be insanely loud. Is anyone here going to Game 3? Leb, Sizzle, et al?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:07 PM   #94
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Probably about as high as me telling you a week ago that Deron was going to have 5 points in the first half of game 1 and 3 points in the first half of Game 2. And, btw, Boozer will have zero points.

How stange that this whole series may turn on Okur. If he, or Korver, can start hitting more open jumpshots from outside, the lakers can no longer pack the paint. Enter Deron.

Until they start knocking those down, look for more Laker campouts around the paint.

Game 3 is going to be exciting. And i bet it will be insanely loud. Is anyone here going to Game 3? Leb, Sizzle, et al?
If I wasn't going to be in St. George all weekend I'd definetly be going to both games.
Old 05-08-2008, 06:15 PM   #95
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:

Not I. I'd enjoy it, but not enough to justify the price tag along with other costs associated with it (not only in terms of money - but time as well).

My wife bought me tickets to see a Lakers-Jazz game a few years ago. It was a lot of fun, getting harassed by all those Jazz fans, and gave me a chance to be an obnoxious ass, which is always enjoyable. Especially when my team wins, which they did if I remember right.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 06:32 PM   #96
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
Not I. I'd enjoy it, but not enough to justify the price tag along with other costs associated with it (not only in terms of money - but time as well).

My wife bought me tickets to see a Lakers-Jazz game a few years ago. It was a lot of fun, getting harassed by all those Jazz fans, and gave me a chance to be an obnoxious ass, which is always enjoyable. Especially when my team wins, which they did if I remember right.
The last Lakers/Jazz game I went to in SLC was in 2000...Glen Rice had a chance to win it at the buzzer with a 10 footer, but he missed it. In OT, the jazz pulled out the win. Regardless of the outcome, it was one of the most exciting games I had ever attended.

My pain was eased a few months later when the Lakers won the title.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 05-08-2008, 07:18 PM   #97
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Unfortunately, I will be out of town. Fortunately, I will be in Hawaii.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:03 PM   #98
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:

I wish. I went to the game in March, playoff tickets would break the bank right now. And like you said earlier, I feel like Game 3 has the potential to be a buzz saw and I have yet to see the Lakers lose in person in probably 20+ games. This includes playoff games at the Rose Garden when Horry went off and then turned to the crowd and told them to stick it.

While I hate the Jazz the ESA is a cool atmosphere. That place can get loud and electric. But I thoroughly enjoyed telling the crowd to sit down after D Fish, Farmar, and Vujacic were reigning down 3's. I also enjoyed chanting MVP in the ESA. And not for Deron.

I'd say since 2000 or so there has been a strong LA fan showing at ESA. Am I wrong on that? It seems every game since then has had a ton of loud LA fans.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 08:06 PM   #99
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
I wish. I went to the game in March, playoff tickets would break the bank right now. And like you said earlier, I feel like Game 3 has the potential to be a buzz saw and I have yet to see the Lakers lose in person in probably 20+ games. This includes playoff games at the Rose Garden when Horry went off and then turned to the crowd and told them to stick it.

While I hate the Jazz the ESA is a cool atmosphere. That place can get loud and electric. But I thoroughly enjoyed telling the crowd to sit down after D Fish, Farmar, and Vujacic were reigning down 3's. I also enjoyed chanting MVP in the ESA. And not for Deron.

I'd say since 2000 or so there has been a strong LA fan showing at ESA. Am I wrong on that? It seems every game since then has had a ton of loud LA fans.
I wonder if it was before, also? I went several times since the 96 trades.

The year we ran Shaq, Nick the Quick, Eddie, Kobe, and Elden....there were a lot of gold shirts showing up the Delta Cementer.

Utah has a lot of SoCal transplants...and BYU has a lot of SoCal students. Plus, the Lakers always tend to be pretty trendy.

Old 05-08-2008, 08:31 PM   #100
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Is anyone here going to Game 3?
David Archuleta will be there, singing the National Anthem.

I won't. I'll most likely be cursing the pipes in the master bathroom as I pretend to be a guy who works for Roto-rooter. That could be a fun project, but the wife already ruled out the M-80s.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote