cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #61
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
To keep his campaign going.
Chris Mathews just brought my point up right now!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:02 AM   #62
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
To keep his campaign going.
how much money does it take to put your wife and yourself in a motel 6?

before Iowa there were literally like 5 people in his campaign.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 04:12 AM   #63
tooblue

tooblue is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Chris Mathews just brought my point up right now!
And now Tim Russert has brought up my point at 12:11 am eastern!
tooblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:07 AM   #64
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I disagree. I think you are going to see a backlash from conservative elements within the Republican party who begin to ask, "are you kidding me? THIS guy is our nominee?"
I would've thought that would've happened by now. Romney only won the conservative vote by 10, and the Republican vote by 2 (or so I'm hearing). And obviously, Huckabee remaining around is a problem.

It may yet happen (I certainly hope so), but I think after tonight the odds diminish.

Quote:
If your party has any spine left, they will. Otherwise, welcome to irrelevance.
*Tex rolls his eyes.* Oh, the melodrama.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 01-30-2008 at 05:12 AM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:13 AM   #65
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I would've thought that would've happened by now. Romney only won the conservative vote by 10, and the Republican vote by 2 (or so I'm hearing). And obviously, Huckabee remaining around is a problem.

*Tex rolls his eyes.* Oh, the melodrama.
Your party is dangerously close to fracturing and running a third party candidate. Irrelevance could be a mere 9 months away. Republicans don't know what their party is anymore, or where they want it to go. They are living in the past, trying to find a Ronald Reagan to fit into the 21st century. In the process, they might discover Jimmy Carter instead.

I don't think a backlash would have happened already, by the way. Republicans have been dancing around trying to figure out which of the 5 candidates is most like Reagan. They went so far as to find an actor to run for president. Now that the party is down to two people, and the frontrunner is nothing like Reagan, you will see a backlash. It is all a bit desperate and amusing from my perspective.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:21 AM   #66
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Your party is dangerously close to fracturing and running a third party candidate. Irrelevance could be a mere 9 months away. Republicans don't know what their party is anymore, or where they want it to go. They are living in the past, trying to find a Ronald Reagan to fit into the 21st century. In the process, they might discover Jimmy Carter instead.

I don't think a backlash would have happened already, by the way. Republicans have been dancing around trying to figure out which of the 5 candidates is most like Reagan. They went so far as to find an actor to run for president. Now that the party is down to two people, and the frontrunner is nothing like Reagan, you will see a backlash. It is all a bit desperate and amusing from my perspective.
Heh, rumors of the Republican Party's demise are greatly exaggerated. Don't you wish.

The party is experiencing some growing pains, no doubt, but I'd rather have our internal debate be over issues than over race. Worry about your own problems, mate.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:22 AM   #67
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Heh, rumors of the Republican Party's demise are greatly exaggerated. Don't you wish.

The party is experiencing some growing pains, no doubt, but I'd rather have our internal debate be over issues than over race. Worry about your own problems, mate.
Your internal debate was over race, at least in 2004 when Bush accused McCain of having a black baby.

At the end of your debate, we got Bush. At the end of our debate, we can get Obama. We win.
Old 01-30-2008, 05:23 AM   #68
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Is it possible to short sell Cali? Every prediciton he's made this election has been spectacularly wrong. It's comical.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2008, 05:25 AM   #69
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Is it possible to short sell Cali? Every prediciton he's made this election has been spectacularly wrong. It's comical.
Every prediction? I think I have been pretty close on most of them. Care to compare?
Old 01-30-2008, 05:27 AM   #70
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Every prediction? I think I have been pretty close on most of them. Care to compare?
Your have been very cock sure in saying that Romney and Obama would be the nominees. Pretty close. LOL. I guess that's one way to put it.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote