cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-01-2008, 08:06 PM   #71
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

maybe you are in the same ward as me when I lived in Houston.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=19&iwloc=addr

Hmm, the link keeps forwarding. off of Beechnut.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 08:22 PM   #72
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
so the answer is no.
As long as we're citing things that will never happen, I just thought I'd include one.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008, 10:13 PM   #73
cougarobgon

cougarobgon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
So you guys wouldn't stand up and say something if a Bishop said "I hope those faggots burn"?

If a Bishop repeated verbatim your hypothetical statement, I would hope there would be more than one individual challenging that statement. I am certain such statements do not invite the Spirit of the Lord. However, the challenge can be done in a well meaning and respectful manner with the intent to invite the Spirit back into the setting.

By the way, I have been enjoying the posts that I have been reading the last month or so, including those that oppose or challenge my LDS beliefs. Some have been very interesting and thought provoking. The blacks and the priesthood topic was very interesting and I was suprised to learn Elder Stapley's and Elder Peterson's positions on that matter. I was not a member of the church when the ban was in place, having been baptized in Aug. 1978. But, I seem to recall the missionaries prior to June of 1978 asking my family, I assume because of our dark skin (mexican descent), if we had any black heritage. I don't recall what the missionaries told us that day or how they explained the reason for the question, but I am very glad that all worthy males can now receive the priesthood.

-Cougarobgon
cougarobgon is offline   Reply With Quote