cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-03-2007, 02:39 AM   #9
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
It's pretty obvious that some are cheering he's no longer on the team,,,even in light of the obvious event of why...to me that is classless.

I think it would be equally classless whether he's in the spotlight or not or whether it were someone else to cheer a co-worker or anyone to be gone, in the light of something like that.

It's classless.

Teamwise is it a win-win for the Jazz? Yeah, in the long run I think it is, but to cheering him to be gone, in light of the circumstances....yes that is obviously classless.
I don't see anybody being glad that he is going through a tough time. Personally, the situation he is in sucks. I wouldn't wish having a daughter go through that on anybody.

Now, if you step back and look at it PURELY on a basketball sense, IMO, for the Jazz this is a huge bonus. Losing Fisher's experience will hurt, but having his contract off the books for a player who statistically didn't set the league on fire last year, and likely isn't going to get any better, this is a good situation for the Jazz. Nobody anywhere is rejoicing over Fisher going through the situation... rejoicing that he isn't on the Jazz is completely different.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote