cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2007, 03:13 PM   #21
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
No offense, Y, but there have to be more exciting ways to get into hell.
Very funny. No offense taken.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:15 PM   #22
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
First, Jasmine is hotter than all of them. Did you notice the cute sports bra she sports?
Ariel wears sea shells, although the fish smell would be unbearable.
Old 05-30-2007, 03:20 PM   #23
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Ariel wears sea shells, although the fish smell would be unbearable.
Ariel does a nude scene, too, when she first comes out of the water.

But I've always thought Jasmine was pretty hot. We all know what she's talking about when she says she'll "take you anywhere...let me share this whole new world with you...."
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:34 PM   #24
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Ariel does a nude scene, too, when she first comes out of the water.

But I've always thought Jasmine was pretty hot. We all know what she's talking about when she says she'll "take you anywhere...let me share this whole new world with you...."
Wow Barbara. I am a tad surprised at your interest in this conversation, but your points are well made.

Didn't you always think the Beauty and the Beast thing was gross?

Hey, Belle, he's an animal you pervert! Move to Seattle if you want to do that kind of thing!
Old 05-30-2007, 04:38 PM   #25
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
Thank you, Tex. Having already chosen all the options for my "mansion on high" (I went with marble countertops and hardwood throughout), I had no idea what I was going to do with the rest of my day.

Heh, funny. More than once during the college days, I'd be around a group of girls so upset at the thought that polygamy might be practiced in the Celestial kingdom. They'd ask me what I thought and I'd respond, "What makes you think you're gonna be there?" The point being, of course, work on being more like Christ and leave the details of the Celestial kingdom to someone else.

That never seemed to satisfy them.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:32 PM   #26
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
Wow Barbara. I am a tad surprised at your interest in this conversation, but your points are well made.

Sorry, yeah, I forget to keep my mouth (er, laptop) shut when you guys go all locker room.

I wrote a couple of papers on Disney. Disney Heroines: A mechanism for the continued cinematic misrepresentation of women.

Fun stuff like that.

Archaea's right. Jasmine was the most suggestive heroine. But of course Aladdin wasn't too bad, himself.

Quote:
Didn't you always think the Beauty and the Beast thing was gross?

Hey, Belle, he's an animal you pervert! Move to Seattle if you want to do that kind of thing!
Ha! I heard they're making a movie of that Seattle story. Perhaps Disney bought the rights.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:54 PM   #27
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP
Default I can only imagine how a street urchin would smell. . .

Quote:
Sorry, yeah, I forget to keep my mouth (er, laptop) shut when you guys go all locker room.

I wrote a couple of papers on Disney. Disney Heroines: A mechanism for the continued cinematic misrepresentation of women.

Fun stuff like that.

Archaea's right. Jasmine was the most suggestive heroine. But of course Aladdin wasn't too bad, himself.

Ha! I heard they're making a movie of that Seattle story. Perhaps Disney bought the rights.
I just couldn't suspend my belief that a frankencensed young hotty princess would go for a guy who probably bathed twice a year. It was easier to believe a carpet could fly than a woman would go for a man with heavy musk.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 05:56 PM   #28
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insensitive PAP View Post
I just couldn't suspend my belief that a frankencensed young hotty princess would go for a guy who probably bathed twice a year. It was easier to believe a carpet could fly than a woman would go for a man with heavy musk.
If this was truly your reaction, then I think you think about these things too much.
Old 05-30-2007, 06:01 PM   #29
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
My brain is probably too small for this discussion, but I'm just simple enough to believe that we have no conception whatsoever, Mormon or otherwise, of what the afterlife will consist of.

My biggest problem with discussions of the afterlife is that they are discussed in such absolutist terms. We have the evangelicals on the one hand, insisting that we'll do nothing but lay prostate and sing hymns of glory, and on the other hand, we have Mormons exchanging phone numbers so they can visit each others' "worlds."

I once had an evangelical tell me that Jesus couldn't possibly have visited Joseph Smith because the scriptures say he ascended to the right hand of God. "If he's on the right-hand of God, how could he visit your so-called prophet?" (Of course, I told him God went with him. )

Maybe we ought to not worry so much about "getting to the Celestial kingdom" and a little bit more about becoming Celestial people.

I agree with this completely.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #30
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:

Fun stuff like that.
That reminds me of an old joke.

Q: How many feminists does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

A: That's not funny!