cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2007, 07:09 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I think it's funny that youtube integration has been brought up a couple of times. Jefe has said he just plain doesn't like it, and that's why you can't do it on CB.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #12
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I have never heard that one. I have heard the other ones, though.

I wouldnt doubt that some thing of CG in that way, though. Truthfully, Mister P's response this morning to HFNW was kind of shocking. Talk about a complex.

To be fair it wasn't to me who Mister P responded to this morning, it was to mpfunk who is hunted with the same pack mentality on CB that Lingo is here.

All I did was question why he would call CG junk that shouldn't be posted there.

I have no idea what my reputation is here or on CB. So I can't say he would have responded the same had I posted it.

Last edited by HuskyFreeNorthwest; 10-26-2007 at 07:11 PM. Reason: I am not smart enough to explain myself well the first time.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #13
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
CB is the Three Stooges
CG is Dick Dastardly featuring Jeff Lebowski as Muttley
Touche'
Old 10-26-2007, 07:16 PM   #14
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think it's funny that youtube integration has been brought up a couple of times. Jefe has said he just plain doesn't like it, and that's why you can't do it on CB.
I love it. I am glad it is offered here. Since I am a tech neophyte, is there a reason why it would NOT be offered on someone's site? Does it take up bandwidth or storage space or something?

Another thing I wish we could do here.....have imbedded jukeboxes, like on myspace. It would be cool to be able to to listen (not download) to what other people are listening to right now on their iTunes or iPod. Is this possible?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #15
FMCoug

FMCoug

I'm banned so didn't see it. But it's not at all surprising. Mister P is the mullah of mullahs.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:19 PM   #16
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
All I did was question why he would call CG junk that shouldn't be posted there.

I have no idea what my reputation is here or on CB. So I can't say he would have responded the same had I posted it.
Sorry, I meant more to point out Mister P's curious antoganism, as opposed to his responding to you or anyone else. His opinions of CG are clearly not a function of who is posting the link or the question about the link.

I dont know about here, but I know on CB, there were several guys, me included, that found you pretty downright attractive.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-26-2007, 07:21 PM   #17
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
I'm banned so didn't see it. But it's not at all surprising. Mister P is the mullah of mullahs.
You are always banned! My rap sheet is in its infancy compared to yours.

In truth, I do not enjoy getting banned.

Currently, I am not banned.

(for those keeping track, that is 3 uses of the word "banned." check, make that 4.)

Old 10-26-2007, 07:23 PM   #18
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Another thing I wish we could do here.....have imbedded jukeboxes, like on myspace. It would be cool to be able to to listen (not download) to what other people are listening to right now on their iTunes or iPod. Is this possible?
Not sure. I think this wouldn't be legal without paying royalties or getting permission from the music owner.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:24 PM   #19
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
You are always banned! My rap sheet is in its infancy compared to yours.

In truth, I do not enjoy getting banned.

Currently, I am not banned.

(for those keeping track, that is 3 uses of the word "banned." check, make that 4.)
It's not my fault the mods have dirty minds. I just posted about danoconda's aversion to vegetation and they said that was "not appropriate".
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 07:28 PM   #20
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
1. CG is strictly for apostates. While there is certainly a noticeable degree of negativity towards the Church, leaders, or some points of doctrine, this place is nowhere near a den for anti-mormonism. If I had to describe it, it is more a place where some gather to share little known facts or practices about the Church that seem to go against the mainstream perception of Church practices. This isnt necesarily anti-mormonism. I view CG as the Seinfeld episode where George wants the to think he is a rebel and he is tough, but in reality, he isnt. He's just another manic, self absorbed guy, like everyone else.
Not a bad summary. You will find plenty of believers here. We just like an open and honest environment for discussion.

Quote:
2. CG s CB and Vice Versa. I have already stated that it is obvious that there is a serious "lover spurned" syndrome here against CB, and in particular against El Jefe. To be fair, Mister P's comments this morning shows how stupid that attitude is on both sides. Just admit that you love CB and miss it and are ed that you are not dating it any more. Or prove you've moved on by dating another and stop driving by your old friend's house every single night.
You are overstating the case. A significant part of the crowd here rarely, if ever, goes to CB. I don't - - - CB, it just is that interesting to me anymore. IMO, most of the best and more interesting folks post here anyway.

Quote:
3. CG is for people who think they are smarter than CB. If this place is noticeably smarter, I havent seen it. It seems like most other chat boards I have been to. Seriously, what goes on here that is markedly more intelligent than goes on elsewhere? Requiem, a long time poster here, just posted a serious inquiry but had to qualify it by asking people to not respond with the implied "usual" personal attacks and ual innuendo. People pack hunt Lingo with vaseline references. I think those who complain vocally about CG on the other board likely have spent little time here. if they did, they would not feel overly intimidated.
Maybe things have changed on CB lately, but it seems to be entirely different level of discussion to me. I think you are off the mark there. Especially if you are using Requiem and Lingo as a point of reference. As for Requiem, there is more to that story than you are aware. As for Lingo, you clearly were not here during his first sojourn on CG. Otherwise, you would understand the crap he takes.

Last edited by Jeff Lebowski; 10-26-2007 at 07:34 PM.
Jeff Lebowski is offline   Reply With Quote