cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-02-2008, 10:56 PM   #41
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Just because your parents were just too lazy, or bordered on abusing you, doesn't mean everyone else is the same way.

Please enlighten me...what horrible lesson does it teach?
Lesson: When you don't like what somebody else is doing, hit them until they stop. Kids learn social behavior by observing their parents and peers.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 10:57 PM   #42
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Well, how has spanking worked for you? I supposed your kids no longer misbehave?

At the end of their childhood, your kids will largely be a product of their environment, your example, and their own decisions. Your hitting them will have little to do with any of it. But, they WILL remember, even as adults, that you hit them.

We all remember.
Actually, I can't even remember the last time I spanked one of my boys. I have done it probably 4 or 5 times total between the two oldest boys. I usually just send them to their room.

What's wrong with them remembering a rare spanking? Or excuse me, as you like to phrase it, that I "hit them". Gasp!
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:04 PM   #43
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
Lesson: When you don't like what somebody else is doing, hit them until they stop.
That is such bullshit. Where do you come up with this crap? We are frequently complimented by our sons' teachers, and other parents on how well our sons get along with other kids. Why aren't they hitting every kid that does something they don't like? I never got into fights, or beat kids "until they stopped" either.
Old 05-02-2008, 11:06 PM   #44
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
What's wrong with them remembering a rare spanking?
Well, that is really only a question you can answer for you and your family.

Everybody's answer is different.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2008, 11:08 PM   #45
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That is such bullshit. Where do you come up with this crap? We are frequently complimented by our sons' teachers, and other parents on how well our sons get along with other kids. Why aren't they hitting every kid that does something they don't like? I never got into fights, or beat kids "until they stopped" either.
bullshit? says you. You said you have rarely spanked your boys. The lesson prolly never sunk in, but it does not mean that this "lesson" would not be learned with frequent spankings. Since you rarely spanked your boys, I doubt their good behavior could be attributed to the few times that you did.

Last edited by Flystripper; 05-02-2008 at 11:11 PM.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 02:27 AM   #46
FMCoug

FMCoug
Default Wow!

[quote = NorCalCat]Are you all really such pussies that you never lay a hand on your kids?[/quote]

Way to prove your manhood! Of course I guess if you spend your life biting pillows you need to beat your kids to feel like you are powerful.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #47
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
[quote = NorCalCat]Are you all really such pussies that you never lay a hand on your kids?
Way to prove your manhood! Of course I guess if you spend your life biting pillows you need to beat your kids to feel like you are powerful.[/QUOTE]

Ah right, I should prove my manhood by building a huge house, and posting pictures of its construction on the Net for everyone to see.

It's got nothing to do with manhood. It's got everything to do with people like you being so duped by the touch-feely, we need to be in touch with our inner-feelings, everyone gets a trophy, offend no one, bullcrap that has been fed to society over the last several years.
Old 05-06-2008, 12:19 AM   #48
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
It's got everything to do with people like you being so duped by the touch-feely, we need to be in touch with our inner-feelings, everyone gets a trophy, offend no one, bullcrap that has been fed to society over the last several years.
I get your point, but look at the concepts you are mocking:

sensitivity to feelings
offending no one
everyone winning, nobody losing

I am not sure those things are that ridiculous.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:30 AM   #49
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Way to prove your manhood! Of course I guess if you spend your life biting pillows you need to beat your kids to feel like you are powerful.

Ah right, I should prove my manhood by building a huge house, and posting pictures of its construction on the Net for everyone to see.

It's got nothing to do with manhood. It's got everything to do with people like you being so duped by the touch-feely, we need to be in touch with our inner-feelings, everyone gets a trophy, offend no one, bullcrap that has been fed to society over the last several years.
When you beat your kids, do you tell them that they can defend themselves if they feel like it? Or do you just beat them until they give up?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 12:33 AM   #50
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I get your point, but look at the concepts you are mocking:

sensitivity to feelings
offending no one
everyone winning, nobody losing

I am not sure those things are that ridiculous.
No, of course they aren't ridiculous...if you live in the Land of Oz.

Are you one of these people that has taken the whole "politically correct" nonsense to the extreme? Guess what, you don't have the right to not be offended. REALITY is that people will and do say things that other people may (gasp!) find offensive.

Reality is, sometimes society, people, etc. need to give priority to the truth, rather than being "sensitive" to people's feelings.

Reality is, everyone does NOT win. Everyone does not get the job offer, everyone does not get the promotion at work, etc. In the REAL world, not Oz, there are winners and losers.