cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2007, 07:15 PM   #1
Judge Smails

Judge Smails is on a distinguished road
Default Changes to 2009 BYU Football Schedule

Since everyone seems to be hunky dory with Hawaii being positioned for a BCS spot by playing nobody better than UNLV in their first 8 games, I thought to myself, self, we need to switch up the 2009 schedule to maximize our experience offense against a schedule that will guarantee us a multi-million dollar pay day.

So, we drop Florida St and we add Duke, to be our one BCS opponent. Then we drop Arizona St, because they might beat us and we pick up Sacramento St. We keep Utah St, because, well, they're Utah St, and we add another 1-AA team (I quite enjoyed the Murray St game in 96(?) - let's go with them).

So, that gives us the following schedule:

Duke
@Utah St
Sacramento St
Murray St
@Wyoming
@San Diego St
TCU
@UNLV
Air Force
Colorado St
@New Mexico
Utah

There it is. Your 2009 BYU Cougars football schedule. Now sure, there's a couple conference teams we might lose to, but with a solid core on offense, we'll most likely win the 2 or 3 games that might be challenging. Now, who has better weather - Tempe or New Orleans in early January.

Everybody race out and purchase your season tickets. I hear BYU71's will be available.
Old 11-03-2007, 08:50 PM   #2
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't get why it has to be Hawaii. This is where I agree with Indy, why do we have to rip Hawaii to bring ourselves up?

I suppose you don't have a problem with Ohio State getting not only to the BCS, but probably to the Championship game, going against the powerful likes of Youngstown State, Akron, Washington and Kent State, oh and that amazing Big 10.

I agree that we should want Hawaii to make it. Any win for the non-BCS is a win for us. If SOS matter to Hawaii and BYU it should matter to Ohio State and Boston College.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Judge Smails;144803]Since everyone seems to be hunky dory with Hawaii being positioned for a BCS spot by playing nobody better than UNLV in their first 8 games, I thought to myself, self, we need to switch up the 2009 schedule to maximize our experience offense against a schedule that will guarantee us a multi-million dollar pay day.

So, we drop Florida St and we add Duke, to be our one BCS opponent. Then we drop Arizona St, because they might beat us and we pick up Sacramento St. We keep Utah St, because, well, they're Utah St, and we add another 1-AA team (I quite enjoyed the Murray St game in 96(?) - let's go with them).

So, that gives us the following schedule:

I am just curious. Do you buy season tickets and where are your tickets located, approximately.

I will wager money you don't have seats or if you do they cost you $18 a piece.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #4
Judge Smails

Default I think

Quote:

I am just curious. Do you buy season tickets and where are your tickets located, approximately.

I will wager money you don't have seats or if you do they cost you $18 a piece.
I think you missed the sarcasm. I do NOT want to see that schedule. Give me quality games and 2 losses over the undefeated Hawaii plan any day of the week.

Incidentally, I don't have season tickets as I am out of state and I have 5 children and a propensity to coach youth sports. I was there East Stands, row 5 for Colorado St game on Saturday, wishing we were playing somebody we could possibly lose to.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:47 PM   #5
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
I think you missed the sarcasm. I do NOT want to see that schedule. Give me quality games and 2 losses over the undefeated Hawaii plan any day of the week.

Incidentally, I don't have season tickets as I am out of state and I have 5 children and a propensity to coach youth sports. I was there East Stands, row 5 for Colorado St game on Saturday, wishing we were playing somebody we could possibly lose to.
OK, I have a tendency to shoot first and ask questions later. I would have been a horrible law enforcement officer.

I actually probably owe a couple of people an apology for going over the top last week, but I am not going to.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:48 PM   #6
BYU71

Quote:

By the way I thought the pre-game mood was just plain boring. Nothing going on to get the crowd in the mood. Was that just me or did you feel the same way.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:22 PM   #7
Judge Smails

Default I'd agree completely

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
By the way I thought the pre-game mood was just plain boring. Nothing going on to get the crowd in the mood. Was that just me or did you feel the same way.
Not much was done, but I don't know what you can do. It's Colorado St and it's not 5 years ago. I knew going in it was likely to be boring, and I wasn't disappointed.

I'll be there for Utah. I suspect there might be a little more excitement in the air.

That said, I understand being successful is going to make 2 or 3 home games a year boring. I'd much rather be bored knowing there's no way we lose (to a conference opponent) than know it's going to be a dogfight because we suck.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #8
BYU71

Quote:
Not much was done, but I don't know what you can do. It's Colorado St and it's not 5 years ago. I knew going in it was likely to be boring, and I wasn't disappointed.

I'll be there for Utah. I suspect there might be a little more excitement in the air.

That said, I understand being successful is going to make 2 or 3 home games a year boring. I'd much rather be bored knowing there's no way we lose (to a conference opponent) than know it's going to be a dogfight because we suck.

I am with you on that. My priority list would be. We are a good team playing good teams. We are a good team playing average teams. We are an average team playing good teams. We are a bad team playing good teams. We are a bad team playing bad teams.

If the latter two became a consitent thing and looked like that was the future, I would be golfing instead of at the games.
Old 11-05-2007, 03:26 PM   #9
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
You see Penn State play Zombie Nation and it's rocking and the whole stadium is jumping up and down with the white out. That is cool. BYU plays Zombie Nation and nobody does anything. Sad. The last two times I remember LES being rocking was 2001 Utah game and 1999 CSU game. Oh yeah that was a Thursday night game too, hate those--old fart big donors from SLC can't get down to the stadium.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 03:29 PM   #10
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
You see Penn State play Zombie Nation and it's rocking and the whole stadium is jumping up and down with the white out. That is cool. BYU plays Zombie Nation and nobody does anything. Sad. The last two times I remember LES being rocking was 2001 Utah game and 1999 CSU game. Oh yeah that was a Thursday night game too, hate those--old fart big donors from SLC can't get down to the stadium.
Maybe it was just me, but I thought there was some pretty good atmoshpere pre-game Az and AFA this year. Of course that was early in the season and probably the old farts complained about how loud the stadium was and the admin. complied and toned it down.