cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2008, 05:09 PM   #1
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve
Default Homosexuals are ruining Halloween!

Just received this email from the Obispo:

Last night, all stake presidents in California were asked by Elders Ballard, Clayton, and Dalton, to eliminate any competing interest over the next 7 days, so members can devote their maximum effort to the passing of Proposition 8. Therefore, the stake Trunk or Treat scheduled for Thursday night, October 30th, has been cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We hope that you will use the time you would have been at Trunk or Treat to get involved in a sign event, calling center, or other Proposition 8 activity. We hope that you and your children will enjoy trick-or-treating together in your neighborhoods on Halloween night.

Thank you,

The Stake Primary Presidency

I have already spoken to my 3 year old triplets. They have been excited about trunk or treat for over a month. They took the news rather well and are supportive of our efforts to go stand on the corner with a sign asking cars to vote against gay marriage.

I am just grateful elections are in early November instead of the last week of December.

Interesting that the first real tangible negative effect of all of this is that the Ward takes away Trunk or Treat from the kids.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:11 PM   #2
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Last night, all stake presidents in California were asked by Elders Ballard, Clayton, and Dalton, to eliminate any competing interest over the next 7 days, so members can devote their maximum effort to the passing of Proposition 8. Therefore, the stake Trunk or Treat scheduled for Thursday night, October 30th, has been cancelled. We are sorry for any inconvenience this may cause. We hope that you will use the time you would have been at Trunk or Treat to get involved in a sign event, calling center, or other Proposition 8 activity. We hope that you and your children will enjoy trick-or-treating together in your neighborhoods on Halloween night.

Thank you,

I have already spoken to my 3 year old triplets. They have been excited about trunk or treat for over a month. They took the news rather well and are supportive of our efforts to go stand on the corner with a sign asking cars to vote against gay marriage.

I am just grateful elections are in early November instead of the last week of December.

Interesting that the first real tangible negative effect of all of this is that the Ward takes away Trunk or Treat from the kids.
I didn't know cars could vote. No wonder California so screwed up.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:16 PM   #3
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

Couldn't they just give the kids pamphlets to hand out along the way. The kids will be going door to door so it seems like a great way to really cover some ground.

Eddy Merckx
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:18 PM   #4
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I always disliked trunk or treat. It seemed like the kids were being cheated. Walk around the parking lot picking up candy. Whoop de la de doo. Make the kids wlak at least 50' between house for crying out loud.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:24 PM   #5
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Thank you,

That makes me ill. Lets put a sign in my 3 year old's hand and march around chanting "No gay marriage." Sounds like a right fantastic idea. Sorry kiddo that power rangers costume can wait till next year.

wow
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 05:25 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
I always disliked trunk or treat. It seemed like the kids were being cheated. Walk around the parking lot picking up candy. Whoop de la de doo. Make the kids wlak at least 50' between house for crying out loud.
i am just guessing here, but I think trunk or treat is for the kids, not the grumpy older guys. I have yet to go to a trunk or treat and see the kids upset because they have easy access to candy.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-29-2008, 05:27 PM   #7
Flystripper

Quote:

Haven't you been paying attention to the adds? Prop 8 is all about the kids and their schools. Not a shocker that the kids are the victim once again.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:28 PM   #8
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
That makes me ill. Lets put a sign in my 3 year old's hand and march around chanting "No gay marriage." Sounds like a right fantastic idea. Sorry kiddo that power rangers costume can wait till next year.

wow
I think to be clear, the Church isnt asking us to include our little kids. They are simply cancelling all ward activities so that the adults can hold the signs.

Seems poorly thought out....how is everyone going to get a babysitter on the same night?

Also, if this is the real deal, why not ask us to skip Halloween?

Old 10-29-2008, 05:30 PM   #9
Flystripper

Quote:
I think to be clear, the Church isnt asking us to include our little kids. They are simply cancelling all ward activities so that the adults can hold the signs.

Seems poorly thought out....how is everyone going to get a babysitter on the same night?

Sorry I misunderstood. Better to keep the kids inside anyway. You might happen upon an angry gay person while picketing and I wouldn't want the kids to catch that gay bug that has been going around.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:31 PM   #10
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Our ward is arranging for YW and YM to do babysitting.