cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-25-2008, 06:31 PM   #51
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
They can play defense when they want to.
"They can play defense when they want to."

Brilliant.

Sheer genius.

If I thought you'd understand that I was mocking you, I'd use that as my signature line.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:53 AM   #52
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
Don Nelson, Warriors Coach: Tonight is yet another night when we have no need to play any defense. We can play it when we want to and tonight is not the night. So, shoot threes, do crazy stuff, I don't care, but whatever you do, don't play defense. We just don't want to.

Good one NorCal...seriously, are you this dense or do you just think its charming to spout off nonsense like this? Play defense when they want to...hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahaha.
Geez you guys are stupid. My response about them being able to play defense when they want was spurred by this gem from Funk:
"It isn't fundamentally sound because they have no clue how to play defense. They have no ability to play help defense. They have no ability to guard period."

The POINT being...for you mentally challenged...they DO know HOW to play help defense, the DO have the ability, but they just don't do it. There is a difference, jackasses. Defense is about effort, and being mentally engaged. The fact that they more often than not neglect the defensive aspect of the game for offense, is just the way they play.

Apparently when every other team plays the W's, they all have no clue how to play defense either.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 12:57 AM   #53
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug View Post
They can play defense when they want to... Why would they ever NOT want to? That's bull crap and you know it.
Uhhh...have you not ever seen players or teams that are more offensively focused? Geez you guys are amazing...this isn't a new concept or something.
Old 03-26-2008, 12:58 AM   #54
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Defense is about effort, and being mentally engaged. The fact that they more often than not neglect the defensive aspect of the game for offense, is just the way they play.
Call me mentally challenged, but it seems to me that you pretty much just conceded the argument.

Given that we are all idiots, btw, I encourage you to take your brand of enlightement to a board that can apprecaite you.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:00 AM   #55
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
The Warriors are 0-12 the game after NorCal comes on CG to tout their previous victory.

Clockwork.
And it took a BS call to do it this time. Fisher tackles Monta Ellis on the out of bounds play, and the ref calls Ellis for the foul.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:02 AM   #56
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Call me mentally challenged, but it seems to me that you pretty much just conceded the argument.

Given that we are all idiots, btw, I encourage you to take your brand of enlightement to a board that can apprecaite you.

Conceded what argument? Apparently you missed this post, so here you go again Genius.

Geez you guys are stupid. My response about them being able to play defense when they want was spurred by this gem from Funk:
"It isn't fundamentally sound because they have no clue how to play defense. They have no ability to play help defense. They have no ability to guard period."

The POINT being...for you mentally challenged...they DO know HOW to play help defense, the DO have the ability, but they just don't do it. There is a difference, jackasses. Defense is about effort, and being mentally engaged. The fact that they more often than not neglect the defensive aspect of the game for offense, is just the way they play.

Apparently when every other team plays the W's, they all have no clue how to play defense either.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:10 AM   #57
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Conceded what argument? Apparently you missed this post, so here you go again Genius.

Gee, you're right. You win. You're brilliant. PLease go somewhere where your brilliance is appreciated becasue I assure you it is lost altogether on us.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:12 AM   #58
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:

That's the second time you explained it and I still agree with Creekster. So the team doesn't play defense because they lack the effort and mentality to do so?

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 01:15 AM   #59
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I can see the allure of watching these guys play....they are always throwing up quick shots, they shoot a ton of 3s, they are always busting out a new retro uniform every few games, and pull up for quick 20 foot shots even when they have a 3 on 1 fastbreak. And since they are dead last in the NBA in points allowed, it allows the other team to score a lot, as well.....so if that is exciting to you, then no wonder the Warriors are your team.
ALWAYS throwing up quick shots eh? Shoot a ton of 3s, pull up for quick 20 foot shots. And yet they lead the league in points in the paint. LOL

New retro uniform every few games? LMAO. They wear the same one all season.
Old 03-26-2008, 01:17 AM   #60
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Gee, you're right. You win. You're brilliant. PLease go somewhere where your brilliance is appreciated becasue I assure you it is lost altogether on us.
No thanks. I like it just fine right here. Besides...I still have over 30,000 days on my CB suspension.