cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports

Old 11-11-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road
Default Which BYU sports do you watch?

BYU sports in order of how much I watch and care about:

men's basketball
football
women's soccer
baseball
women's volleyball
men's volleyball
women's basketball

The rest I'm happy if BYU does well in but don't watch.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 03:59 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I make it a focus to watch every BYU football game.

I've watched more BYU basketball in the last couple years than I have ever watched before due to greater availability of games. But I don't have the time or interest to catch other games.

I essentially don't make time to watch any of the other stuff. Like I will pull up 10 minutes of women's soccer, try to convince my daughter to watch, fail in doing so, then turn it off.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 07:10 PM   #3
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I make it a focus to watch every BYU football game.

I've watched more BYU basketball in the last couple years than I have ever watched before due to greater availability of games. But I don't have the time or interest to catch other games.

I essentially don't make time to watch any of the other stuff. Like I will pull up 10 minutes of women's soccer, try to convince my daughter to watch, fail in doing so, then turn it off.

I am a BYU sports nut.

I watch BYU football, BYU basketball, and BYU rugby as the big three.

I will watch BYU volleyball, men's and women's, when they are winning. BYU soccer for women, and even BYU baseball or softball, if they are winning and playing somebody interesting.

I have never watched Tennis.

I follow cross country, track and swimming. I even watched a BYU club lacrosse game in Vegas when I stumbled upon it. When BYU was good in the 80s I even followed men's golf.

So there, I have followed BYU sports since about 1976. I have even owned football tickets, season ones, to see two games per year.

There is no BYU ski team or I would watch that too.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

When I was a kid, I would try and catch everything BYU. The only thing that was available then but not available in later years was BYU baseball.

I actually saw BYU play in person once down here in Texas in the post-season. When I was a kid. BYU lost. Back in the days when BYU would make the post-season.

If you watch the Track and Field championships, but I don't have any memories from that.

When I was actually attending BYU, in my upperclassman years, the only sport I would attend in person was women's soccer. I'd go with my girlfriend. Who later became my wife.

Yup, that's right, I just watched the football games on TV. And the basketball games, I think they sucked then, so I didn't even bother to watch them I don't think.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 09:36 PM   #5
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
When I was a kid, I would try and catch everything BYU. The only thing that was available then but not available in later years was BYU baseball.

I actually saw BYU play in person once down here in Texas in the post-season. When I was a kid. BYU lost. Back in the days when BYU would make the post-season.

If you watch the Track and Field championships, but I don't have any memories from that.

When I was actually attending BYU, in my upperclassman years, the only sport I would attend in person was women's soccer. I'd go with my girlfriend. Who later became my wife.

Yup, that's right, I just watched the football games on TV. And the basketball games, I think they sucked then, so I didn't even bother to watch them I don't think.
IIRC, I watched when BYU hosted the NCAA championships.

Hershel Walker ran in the 100m finals and finished fourth. I also watched the high jump, and the Stanford woman, who was very attractive as well, Ceci something or other win the 10k. I also watched some amazing athletes from Utep win the men's 5k and 10k. Utep may have won that championship.

BYU did well and my sister ran in that meet as well. Lots of great track memories.
Old 11-16-2015, 06:23 PM   #6
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

football
men's basketball
women's basketball
women's soccer

I think they should broadcast women's soccer games in Spanish and Portuguese. Unite the body of Christ that way.
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:59 AM   #7
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
football
men's basketball
women's basketball
women's soccer

I think they should broadcast women's soccer games in Spanish and Portuguese. Unite the body of Christ that way.
That would be cool. We could also broadcast baseball in Spanish.