cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2008, 04:14 PM   #19
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
It's not about scoring points. It's about making plays for teammates. Making the game easier for them. Getting into the paint. Putting pressure on the defense. You know, be a point guard. He does none of that.

If he can do those things and his turnovers increase to 2.5 instead of 1.5, I can live with that.

I'm sorry, I have a hard time praising a guy whose only "contribution" is not making mistakes. Jarron Collins doesn't make mistakes - he also doesn't do anything else of value, therefore he sucks. Murdock is no different.

That said, it's fun to watch a group of fans continue to give a guy who shouldn't even be playing Division 1 basketball a pass just because he doesn't screw up a lot and he's all "we" have. The lack of a point guard is going to be the cause of another first round exit for a very good BYU team.
And I think it's humorous to watch a group of fans continually rail on a guy that's done everything right this year.

1. He makes good, smart passes.
2. He runs the offense, especially the transition offense, exceptionally well.
3. He rarely shoots (and in this case, it's a GOOD thing).
4. He doesn't do things he knows he can't do.

Personally, I can't think of many other things I really want from Murdock.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote