cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2007, 03:26 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default "We've got a live on here"

Remember several months ago, I talked about our ward holding a "service auction" to raise money for the YM and YW.

So lots of people in the ward were planning on various items or services to auction.

There is an email list among the young mothers in the ward to arrange weekly playgroups that Farrah is on. So one of these young mothers announces to the list "I'm going to auction a lap dance."

It just so happened that I was in the gym at the auction when the Bishop took this young mother's elbow and took her aside to have a few words with her. LOL.

I guess you can't joke around like that in the church.

Needless to say, no lap dance was auctioned that night.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 04:08 PM   #2
Clark Addison

Clark Addison is on a distinguished road

That's too bad, since it would probably have been the highest money raiser of the event, depending on the dencer, of course.
Clark Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:26 PM   #3
NorCal Cat

NorCal Cat

Good thing she didn't post a joke like that no CB. She would get the 36K banishment.
NorCal Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:27 PM   #4
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Remember several months ago, I talked about our ward holding a "service auction" to raise money for the YM and YW.

So lots of people in the ward were planning on various items or services to auction.

There is an email list among the young mothers in the ward to arrange weekly playgroups that Farrah is on. So one of these young mothers announces to the list "I'm going to auction a lap dance."

It just so happened that I was in the gym at the auction when the Bishop took this young mother's elbow and took her aside to have a few words with her. LOL.

You may have misread the whole thing. Maybe the Bishop just took the opportunity make the winning bid right there.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:29 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
You may have misread the whole thing. Maybe the Bishop just took the opportunity make the winning bid right there.
If you knew my bishop, your statement would be more funny than you could imagine. I wont' say anymore.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:

I recently received an email at work from the RS. It was obvoiusly sent to me in error, as it was intended for my wife. It basically asked whether I had done my visiting teaching for the month and if I had anything to report.

I responded by saying that i had not done any visiting teaching this month and I plan on never doing visiting teaching, ever. I also said, "nothing you do will change my mind."

I guess this email went to an older sister. Her feelings were hurt and she told the RS Pres and the Bishop. The RS Pres called my wife to make sure I was joking. When I saw the Bishop on Sunday, he told me he thought it was a funny joke.

I think my Bishop would have laughed at a lap dance joke.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:36 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

did you end your email with a smiley face?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:41 PM   #8
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
did you end your email with a smiley face?
No. I am not fluent in emoticon.

I can never remember if emoticons use heavy breathing or short breathing? I guess that is what i get for trying to teach myself emoticon by reading Homer.

Solon, AA, Archaea, any help with emoticon?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote