cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2008, 06:09 PM   #41
Mars

Mars is on a distinguished road
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
McClellan's book bothers me on multiple levels. If he disagreed with Bush at the time on the war, he should have said something to Bush. If he learned he had been lied to about war intelligence, he should have said something to the press or to Congress. If he learned Bush was manipulating intelligence, he should have said something to the press or Congress. He didn't. Either he is a lousy human being just now doing the right thing for the wrong reason, or he is a lousy human being doing the wrong thing for the wrong reason. In either event, I don't think McClellan will do so well in history.
Wow. I actually agree with CC.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:25 PM   #42
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

I haven't followed this issue but this isn't hard. McClellan's statements that I have seen are highly subjective opinions. There is no real new factual material disclosed. He was a flack, not a cabinet member or anyone else really in government. The only reason people care about what he's saying is he's disloyal. The guy is biting the hand that fed him (he'd be nothing but for Bush) and he's profiteering on the public trust. He's a rat.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:45 PM   #43
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

The people who support Bush will minimize McClellan's "revelations" and cast aspersions on him for coming forward.

The people who oppose Bush will see this as confirming what they knew/suspected all along.

In the long run, it will change nothing, because of the die-hard partisanship.

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:48 PM   #44
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
The people who support Bush will minimize McClellan's "revelations" and cast aspersions on him for coming forward.

The people who oppose Bush will see this as confirming what they knew/suspected all along.

I agree. Again, is there anything new in his revelations? Does anyone really care that much at this point? I think this will fade quickly.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:49 PM   #45
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:

The die hard partisanship that supports Bush has been eroding since his re-election. He is under 30% as-is. The apologists are numbering fewer and fewer because it is becoming harder and harder to be one.

I think that if more of his staff come out and speak unfavorably, it will simply erode his already historically low approval rating. The court of public opinion, and really the word, has already judged Bush to be incompetent. Nothing will really ever change that.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 06:56 PM   #46
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

I'm not a partisan. I'm no fan of Bush. But this guy adds nothing. He's just a whore, and seems to have had some kind of a mental breakdown to boot.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:03 PM   #47
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I'm not a partisan. I'm no fan of Bush. But this guy adds nothing. He's just a whore, and seems to have had some kind of a mental breakdown to boot.
In fairness, the press is only providing blurbs.

You may want to hold off and read his book before you claim he has added nothing.

PS i read the blurb from your book and thought it was nice.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:23 PM   #48
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

He has said nothing new. Yes, Bush admin out of touch and incompetent. Yes, Bush admin selectively presented evidence to support going to war. Only to a moron, are these revelations.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:30 PM   #49
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
He has said nothing new. Yes, Bush admin out of touch and incompetent. Yes, Bush admin selectively presented evidence to support going to war. Only to a moron, are these revelations.
Then why write the book?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:32 PM   #50
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Then why write the book?
it's a confession.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote