cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 05:29 PM   #41
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Apparently you don't know how to read exit polls.
I do know how to read them. Show me where it states that blacks voted more in a bloc than any other demographic, including race, religion and sex? It says that only for those groups surveyed. It isn't a blanket statement like what you made. In fact, I picked out one obvious group without even looking at the survey and you conceded you had no idea (Mormons).

Learn what your evidence supports, then make a claim based on that evidence.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:30 PM   #42
Cali Coug

Quote:
It's really too bad that CNN's exit polls don't track idiot California lawyers. I think they probably have a more uniform voting pattern than even blacks.
I see you have identified another demographic that could vote in a bigger bloc than blacks. I bet you can come up with some more that will further erode your blanket statement.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:35 PM   #43
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
It says that only for those groups surveyed.
I thought this would go without saying. I keep forgetting that you require to have the obvious spelled out for you.

It's quite possible there's a section of pygmies living in the outlying areas of Wichita, Kansas, that votes with more solidarity than American blacks do. It should've been apparent to all but the densest of lawyers in California that I was referring to meaningful categories of large groups of Americans, the kind that don't fall into the "Other" category in presidential exit polls.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:37 PM   #44
Cali Coug

Quote:
I thought this would go without saying. I keep forgetting that you require to have the obvious spelled out for you.

It's quite possible there's a section of pygmies living in the outlying areas of Wichita, Kansas, that votes with more solidarity than American blacks do. It should've been apparent to all but the densest of lawyers in California that I was referring to meaningful categories of large groups of Americans, the kind that don't fall into the "Other" category in presidential exit polls.
Are you suggesting Mormons aren't a meaningful group?

Don't be mad at me for your bad arguments. You already got mad at Lebowski for the same thing.

Should I also assume that when you say this: "But ultimately political parties respond to constituencies and not the other way around."

You actually mean this: Political parties respond to constituencies and constituencies respond to political parties.

Where is Indy? He apparently has the secret Tex meaning decoder ring, given that you always seem to refer us to his posts to clarify what you meant.

Last edited by Cali Coug; 07-16-2007 at 05:39 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:46 PM   #45
Tex

Quote:

Don't be mad at me for your bad arguments. You already got mad at Lebowski for the same thing.

Should I also assume that when you say this: "But ultimately political parties respond to constituencies and not the other way around."

You actually mean this: Political parties respond to constituencies and constituencies respond to political parties.

Where is Indy? He apparently has the secret Tex meaning decoder ring, given that you always seem to refer us to his posts to clarify what you meant.
I am not mad. I've calmly provided links to the data which any literate CGer can examine and see that they say exactly what I claimed. It's kind of amusing to see you try to twist them to say the exact opposite.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:57 PM   #46
Cali Coug

Quote:
I am not mad. I've calmly provided links to the data which any literate CGer can examine and see that they say exactly what I claimed. It's kind of amusing to see you try to twist them to say the exact opposite.
Please show me where your links discuss the voting demographics of Mormons. Then, when you can't find it, tell me how your link supports your claim: "No other demographic ... not religion, race, gender, or age ... approached the monolithic vote of the black "community" in 2000."
Old 07-16-2007, 06:06 PM   #47
Tex

Quote:
Please show me where your links discuss the voting demographics of Mormons. Then, when you can't find it, tell me how your link supports your claim: "No other demographic ... not religion, race, gender, or age ... approached the monolithic vote of the black "community" in 2000."
We've been over this already, Cali.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug
It says that only for those groups surveyed.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:11 PM   #48
Cali Coug

Quote:
We've been over this already, Cali.
No, we haven't. You never answered my question. Do you consider Mormons to be insignificant? Do you not consider them to be a religious demographic?

When you dodge an answer, you can't then say "we've been over this."

If I find you a link that only includes Italian voting demographics, can I say that Italians voted more with Bush than any other demographic? I could then point out that my statement is supported by my link, according to your logic.

Last edited by Cali Coug; 07-16-2007 at 06:14 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:13 PM   #49
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

The mormon voting block is significant in Utah. Maybe somewhat in Idaho and Arizona. Other than that it is an irrelevant voting block. Definitely less significant than the black voting block or the Jewish voting block.

Tell me where the mormon voting block could swing an election. Utah has never been mentioned as a State that could swing the election. Those states are ones like Ohio and Florida.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 06:16 PM   #50
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
The mormon voting block is significant in Utah. Maybe somewhat in Idaho and Arizona. Other than that it is an irrelevant voting block. Definitely less significant than the black voting block or the Jewish voting block.

Tell me where the mormon voting block could swing an election. Utah has never been mentioned as a State that could swing the election. Those states are ones like Ohio and Florida.
It is also significant in California. You listed 3 states where it is significant. Out of 50. That is 6% of all states. If you include California, it is 8%.