cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #1
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone here smoke?

I am not talking about tobaccy or that stuff that resulted in an Enos experience for me as a 15 year the night before I went to do baptisms for the dead, but I am talking authentic bar-b-q?

I just spent a few moments looking thru this site and I think I will enjoy discussing with serious meat afficianados the good things in life.

I bought a Weber Smokey Mountain Smoker this past spring and have done quite a few pork butts or ribs this summer. That piece of bar-b-qing mastery is one of the greatest inventions of mankind since the breast implant.

I have used it for both grilling over indirect heat as well as smoking. I will post some of my recipes later, but one I will mention is I did a RACK (I just love that word) of lamb grilled over ID using charcoal and apple wood that I used a curry based dry rub and finished it off with a raspberry bar-b-q sauce that was nothing short of exceptional.

I am not a fan of pork, but a pork butt that has been smoked for 8-10 hours over a maple/hickory mixture and then drizzled with some sauce makes a man's nipples hard.

I doubt nothing will take me away from by love of tri-tip, but a RACK of baby-backs that are falling off the bone could cause me to commit adultery in my heart.

Good find Brethren and look forward to together increasing our collective buttcrack cleavages thru the years.