cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food

Old 07-30-2008, 03:45 AM   #11
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
Thanks for the suggestions last week. Because of the Giants' game all the joints near the embarcadero were slammed - Slanted Door, etc.

On the advice of a friend we went to Albona over in North Beach.

http://www.albonarestaurant.com/index.html

It has a small kitchen and dining room with a very unassuming storefront. It's in the middle of a neighborhood with no other commercial buildings on the street.

It was a great meal. The owner, who recently bought it from his uncle (the long time owner), is the head waiter. He knows the regulars by name and sits at their tables to chat and talk about wine.

I had fillets of fried sardines with glazed onions; pork loin stuffed with sauerkraut, prosciutto, apples, and plums, and a half order of the strudel con pasta fatta.

Good eats.
I had sardines the last time I was in SF and got a lot of grief from my table mates, but man I have been relishing that meal ever since.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote