cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling

Old 10-10-2012, 06:16 PM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
According to the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency, 11 of Armstrong's teammates testified against him.

http://espn.go.com/olympics/cycling/...ong-usada-says
I was just going to post this. Among them Hincapie. I will be very curious to see what Hincapie said. I consider him to be virtually unimpeachable.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 06:51 PM   #22
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Hincapie admits doping here:

http://www.georgehincapie.com/news/S...orge-Hincapie/

No doubt the report will show that Hincapie implicates Armstrong.
Old 10-10-2012, 09:56 PM   #23
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

One thing the articles don't address is when Armstrong allegedly doped. I'm curious if it was only towards the end of his career, or throughout? Have you heard elsewhere what the timeframe was?

Pre-cancer, he placed 6th in the 1996 Olympic time trial in Atlanta. I wonder if it goes that far back.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:48 AM   #24
MikeWaters
Demiurge

I've heard that Hincapie's affidavit is devastating. Haven't read it yet.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:05 AM   #25
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I've heard that Hincapie's affidavit is devastating. Haven't read it yet.
An unimpeached or examined affidavit obtained under duress is meaningless. Really, you have a rogue agency threatening people who don't have the resources Lance has, then the agency lawyers draft it to sound how they want it to sound, then the present it to Hincapie and demand he sign it, a bunch of lies can be promulgated.

Mike, you really can't be that much a simpleton to not understand how rogue prosecutors can manipulate the system and even witnesses, are you?
Old 10-11-2012, 03:08 AM   #26
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
An unimpeached or examined affidavit obtained under duress is meaningless. Really, you have a rogue agency threatening people who don't have the resources Lance has, then the agency lawyers draft it to sound how they want it to sound, then the present it to Hincapie and demand he sign it, a bunch of lies can be promulgated.

Mike, you really can't be that much a simpleton to not understand how rogue prosecutors can manipulate the system and even witnesses, are you?
Please, are you that naive? You really believe that all 11 cyclists were duped/threatened or are outright conspiring and lying?

Only a willfully depraved person would believe at this point that Lance didn't dope.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #27
MikeWaters
Demiurge

The report details all the witness intimidation that Armstrong engaged in.

Yet we are to believe that Armstrong is the innocent do-gooder, and it is the USADA that is doing all the witness intimidation.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:20 PM   #28
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
The report details all the witness intimidation that Armstrong engaged in.

Yet we are to believe that Armstrong is the innocent do-gooder, and it is the USADA that is doing all the witness intimidation.
The process was abused by the USADA.

What's the point? Lance is not racing in cycling. I see no purpose and believe Lance probably competed as all other cyclists did. But he never tested positive so he kept it within the controls of the time. For the USADA to reach back trying to apply new technology and to seek other sanctions is unconscionable.

There is no malum per se in seeking a competitive advantage.
Old 10-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #29
MikeWaters
Demiurge

see, more distortion from you. Lance was in fact still competing (triathlons). And these sanctions ban Lance from the sport for life (can't own or coach a team). Get the unconfessed cheaters out of the sport. Like Pete Rose.

Lance could work to change and improve the sport by fighting against PEDs. Instead, he is the Godfather of PEDs. His last defense will be "but I raised money for cancer."
Old 10-12-2012, 03:13 AM   #30
Levin

Levin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The process was abused by the USADA.

What's the point? Lance is not racing in cycling. I see no purpose and believe Lance probably competed as all other cyclists did. But he never tested positive so he kept it within the controls of the time. For the USADA to reach back trying to apply new technology and to seek other sanctions is unconscionable.

There is no malum per se in seeking a competitive advantage.
The point is the same point with any prosecution of liars, cheats, and frauds. It's because they broke the rules, and those charged with enforcing those rules have a duty to prosecute those who break them.

Should the feds have ignored Al Capone b/c his misdeeds were in the past and he had left the crime business?

Your logic is nuts. There actually is no logic there but some misplaced emotion for a bully. Maybe you take PEDs; don't know. But your devotion to Lance, and dumb arguments in his favor, are odd.
"Now I say that I know the meaning of my life: 'To live for God, for my soul.' And this meaning, in spite of its clearness, is mysterious and marvelous. Such is the meaning of all existence." Levin, Anna Karenina, Part 8, Chapter 12
Levin is offline   Reply With Quote