cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion

Old 02-14-2017, 03:19 PM   #21
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
I have lost hope that change will be made in time to save Mormonism's soul. Or it may wander and dwindle before it finds itself again.

Dissent will not be tolerated and will continue to be treated as medieval Catholicism treated dissent.

BYU's leaders have no power and the fact that rapegate has no new policies shouts to the heavens that the old guard still can't understand why the rest of the world rejects autocratic management. The inner circles of Church management must be confounded.

Proposition 8 sounded the deathknell on the advance of Mormonism. The subtle changes of small advances of moderate Mormon women may come too late.
Mormonism will survive. We need to step outside the focus on the modern West. Russian infants are all baptized into Orthodoxy again, and the Church is seeing modest gains in Eastern Europe. Evangelical Christianity is on fire in China (now 7% of population).

Once we resolve this gay problem, the Church can return to its growth trajectory.

I think we need a medical alternative to the largely-unsuccessful conversion therapies. That would partially solve the issue.
Old 02-15-2017, 12:26 AM   #22
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
Mormonism will survive. We need to step outside the focus on the modern West. Russian infants are all baptized into Orthodoxy again, and the Church is seeing modest gains in Eastern Europe. Evangelical Christianity is on fire in China (now 7% of population).

Once we resolve this gay problem, the Church can return to its growth trajectory.

I think we need a medical alternative to the largely-unsuccessful conversion therapies. That would partially solve the issue.
You want a medical surgery? OMG, please retract that. Nature creates these tendencies.
Old 02-15-2017, 02:28 AM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The cure for the gay.... hmmm.... I don't think that is coming.

I bet gayness it is part of God's plan for us to learn a thing or two. Oh noes! Did I really say that??!!!
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:54 PM   #24
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You want a medical surgery? OMG, please retract that. Nature creates these tendencies.
No, surgery is not required. They did it in mice just by altering seratonin levels. Did you just call homosexuality a tendency? That's going to upset exmos and progmos.