cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports

Old 06-09-2015, 03:35 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default TCU vs. A&M last night was epic

16 innings. TCU had so many chances and couldn't cash in.

Finally won on a throwing error. Sharp grounder to third, slicing away from the left handed hitter, falls out of the glove. Guy who started on 2nd, rounds 3rd as ball drops. Third baseman throws a one hopper to catcher who can't handle it, game over. Bottom of the 16th. TCU goes on to the CWS.

TCU's team is a lot of fun. Fast and aggressive. I like that.

Sure would be fun if BYU baseball was on national TV.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 06:41 PM   #2
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
16 innings. TCU had so many chances and couldn't cash in.

Finally won on a throwing error. Sharp grounder to third, slicing away from the left handed hitter, falls out of the glove. Guy who started on 2nd, rounds 3rd as ball drops. Third baseman throws a one hopper to catcher who can't handle it, game over. Bottom of the 16th. TCU goes on to the CWS.

TCU's team is a lot of fun. Fast and aggressive. I like that.

Sure would be fun if BYU baseball was on national TV.
Wow, if you watched that one to the end you must have gone to bed pretty late. I turned to it just as it was in the 9th inning and saw A&M tie the game. With the way things were going at the time I really expected them to win it in the next inning. But I was too tired and turned it off. I was surprised to hear the next morning that it went 16 innings. The last time BYU made the NCAA tournament (2002) I'm pretty sure they didn't get any time on ESPN even though they made it to the last game of their regional before losing to USC.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote