cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Other College Sports

Old 02-04-2008, 07:31 PM   #31
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Smails View Post
I went to a Utah Grizzlies hockey game about a decade ago. They had the hot tub set up outside the glass. I watched some old drunk guy ogle the girls in bikinis. I had a similar experience at a Red Rocks (wife = former gymnastics coach...don't judge me) meet with some creepy old guy checking out the gymnasts.

Listen, I've got hormones. I think. But old dudes should stick to checking out old chicks. That ought to be a law or something.

Now i understand your origninal post. You seem to have a thing worrying about others and their sexual needs. When and where and at what age they are appropriate.

Are you a male or a mormon gal that grew up and had her Dad unlock her chastity belt on her wedding night.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 07:42 PM   #32
Judge Smails

Judge Smails is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Now i understand your origninal post. You seem to have a thing worrying about others and their sexual needs. When and where and at what age they are appropriate.

Are you a male or a mormon gal that grew up and had her Dad unlock her chastity belt on her wedding night.
Listen, I'm pretty sure (okay at least I think) I'll still recognize God's finer creations when I'm 60+ (your age I'm assuming). I don't feel it's personally appropriate to use a picture of one as my avatar now. I certainly hope I don't when I'm your age.

I've thought it was creepy for a long time, but I've withheld comment until you opined about my cranium being up my anus. I figured since our relationship is that personal now, I could feel free to express my feelings.

Do what you want. I just think it's creepy. That's all.
Old 02-04-2008, 07:48 PM   #33
Judge Smails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Ok.

Personally, I think the kid confessed to believing in UFO's and told Bishop Childs that he wanted to run away to a nudist colony. Therefore, Childs was totally justified in pulling his endorsement, and the HC office didn't get involved.

There, now the story finally makes sense. Thanks for "freeing" us, Smails.
I'd put that story at about even odds with him being kicked out of school for 60% church attendance.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:01 PM   #34
BYU71

Quote:
Listen, I'm pretty sure (okay at least I think) I'll still recognize God's finer creations when I'm 60+ (your age I'm assuming). I don't feel it's personally appropriate to use a picture of one as my avatar now. I certainly hope I don't when I'm your age.

I've thought it was creepy for a long time, but I've withheld comment until you opined about my cranium being up my anus. I figured since our relationship is that personal now, I could feel free to express my feelings.

Do what you want. I just think it's creepy. That's all.
Hey, if you feel that way that is fine. I think it is creepy that you even care.

Since we will never have to be roommates, I don't think it matters.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:22 PM   #35
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Then you must think the kid and his father

Quote:
I don't have time to read everybody's opinion on the baseball player getting kicked out of BYU for his 60% church attendance and not requesting a calling, but if anyone's buying that I've got a bridge...

I don't have any inside scoop to the situation, but if I may be so brash as to speculate, let me make a hypothesis:

Said baseballer (we have baseball at BYU??) sticks his dick where it doesn't belong (or where it does belong depending upon your point of view). Baseballer meets with Bishop. Bishop refuses to sign ecclesiastical endorsement.

So baller has to tell his parents he was kicked out of BYU. Dad says 'why'? Baller, to save face, lies to Dad, telling him it was for "church attendance". Father runs to media, BYU knows nothing, Bishop can't say anything. Suddenly, headlines read "BYU kicks out baseball player for skipping church". Kid won't comment, mostly because he lied about the situation, and the Bishop knows it, the SP knows it, the joint copulator knows it and well as his friends he bragged to about said copulation.

Now, doesn't that make more sense than this BS Trib story.

Again, I don't know what transgression the kid committed. My story was purely hypothetical, but I'm guessing it was more than ditching out on Elder's Quorum. Color me skeptical.
are stupid enough to go to the stake president to try and overrule? They surely knew what the bishop would have told the stake president.

I tend to believe the kid. I think it was a power struggle between the two.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2008, 08:30 PM   #36
Judge Smails

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
are stupid enough to go to the stake president to try and overrule? They surely knew what the bishop would have told the stake president.

I tend to believe the kid. I think it was a power struggle between the two.
Under my hypothesis, the kid told his father it was for church attendance, and the bishop and stake president wouldn't tell the father otherwise due to confidentiality. In that scenario, the father isn't lying to the newspaper. He's telling them what he's been told by his son. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

Again, I'm not even suggesting my hypothesis is correct. You could be right about it just being a power struggle. Without knowing anything about the story, I'm going to lean towards the bishop's discretion. Bishops are human, they are all different, and they certainly make errors, but I just can't fathom there is a bishop out there with such poor judgment as to have made the determination that the father has outlined.

It didn't happen that way...whatever happened.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:39 PM   #37
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Under my hypothesis, the kid told his father it was for church attendance, and the bishop and stake president wouldn't tell the father otherwise due to confidentiality. In that scenario, the father isn't lying to the newspaper. He's telling them what he's been told by his son. If you think about it, it makes a lot of sense.

Again, I'm not even suggesting my hypothesis is correct. You could be right about it just being a power struggle. Without knowing anything about the story, I'm going to lean towards the bishop's discretion. Bishops are human, they are all different, and they certainly make errors, but I just can't fathom there is a bishop out there with such poor judgment as to have made the determination that the father has outlined.

It didn't happen that way...whatever happened.
Non-disclosable sources now verify it is simply a power struggle. The kid lost and the bishop won.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:47 PM   #38
BYU71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Non-disclosable sources now verify it is simply a power struggle. The kid lost and the bishop won.
How do you know those sources are telling the truth. How do we know they are being objective. Those sources could be lieing.

Perhaps the source you are talking about has a daughter that had improper relationships with the kid.

When it gets down to it, no one should make any judgement on this until the Bishop and the Stake President make a clear and definitive statement.

Until then believe nothing, except that priesthood leaders are to be followed and not questioned.
Old 02-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #39
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
How do you know those sources are telling the truth. How do we know they are being objective. Those sources could be lieing.

Perhaps the source you are talking about has a daughter that had improper relationships with the kid.

When it gets down to it, no one should make any judgement on this until the Bishop and the Stake President make a clear and definitive statement.

Until then believe nothing, except that priesthood leaders are to be followed and not questioned.
Well, according to smails, the kid is probably selling his soul on craig'slist while running the Hillary for President campaign out of his closet.
Old 02-04-2008, 09:09 PM   #40
Judge Smails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Non-dislosable sources. Damn! I stand corrected.

May the athlete who plays a sport I don't care about, with a name I had never heard before, that I can't remember now, that I don't wish to even take the time to look up again, be added to the martyr list somewhere between Stephen and Hyrum Smith.

I have sources who've verified Bronco Mendenhall is one of the 3 Nephites. No, I can't disclose who's told me that, but I believe them.

What exactly would your non-disclosable source find out about the situation? Did they give the Bishop truth serum on a scout overnighter?

Confidentiality will keep the other side of the story from ever being told.

I also probably ought to break the news to you - racist LA cops didn't plant the bloody glove.