cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Fitness and Wellness

Old 06-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #1
fuegote

fuegote
Default Logan "Top of the World" Half

I've signed up today but I'm signing up with my wife and will be running at her pace.

She tends to struggle while running. So I'll be running and trying to push her not to walk but not to over work as well. When we did our 5ks together, I'll be pushing my 5 and 3 year olds in a stroller and still be holding back.

I will be doing a marathon next year, probably the SL Marathon. I'm back on my diet to get rid of this excess weight so I'm not putting as much pressure on my leg.

My IT band doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would after the Relay, so I'm doing some light running to keep my endurance and weights to strengthen my leg.

I love working out.
Old 06-24-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuegote View Post
I've signed up today but I'm signing up with my wife and will be running at her pace.

She tends to struggle while running. So I'll be running and trying to push her not to walk but not to over work as well. When we did our 5ks together, I'll be pushing my 5 and 3 year olds in a stroller and still be holding back.

I will be doing a marathon next year, probably the SL Marathon. I'm back on my diet to get rid of this excess weight so I'm not putting as much pressure on my leg.

My IT band doesn't feel as bad as I thought it would after the Relay, so I'm doing some light running to keep my endurance and weights to strengthen my leg.

I love working out.
good for you and your wife. I am still planning on doing a 1/2 marathon this fall, but am scared I am going to die.

Does your wife not enjoy running? or does she just wimp out like me?

Running is definitely not for everyone. She might enjoy doing something like triathlons that require a lot less running, but still get you out there and getting into shape.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 03:08 PM   #3
fuegote

fuegote

She does and she doesn't. She has asthma and it always affects her when she's running.
Old 06-25-2008, 03:33 PM   #4
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigpiney View Post
I am still planning on doing a 1/2 marathon this fall, but am scared I am going to die.
"Run by the River" marathon in Sacramento, November 15th. Should be good weather and an easy course. Easy drive up 395 to Tahoe and then down Hwy 50 to Sac. Steel, Mrs Bluegoose and I will be there along with several other friends. Lets make it a first-time marathoners party.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote