cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics

Old 10-14-2016, 01:57 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The official Evan McMullin thread

I will indeed be writing him as dog catcher in my city.

It's just kind of funny how this wannabe neocon Goldman Sachs banker globalist-type is winning over so many Mormons.

It's just self-promotion for a guy who has basically done nothing.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 03:36 PM   #2
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I will indeed be writing him as dog catcher in my city.

It's just kind of funny how this wannabe neocon Goldman Sachs banker globalist-type is winning over so many Mormons.

It's just self-promotion for a guy who has basically done nothing.
Well he is a Mormon from Provo. It also gives them a chance to vote for someone that is not Trump, without supporting a democrat or someone who wants to legalize marijuana.

At the end of the day, I still expect Trump to win in Utah with McMullin getting an embarrassingly high percentage of the vote.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 07:50 PM   #3
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Well he is a Mormon from Provo. It also gives them a chance to vote for someone that is not Trump, without supporting a democrat or someone who wants to legalize marijuana.

At the end of the day, I still expect Trump to win in Utah with McMullin getting an embarrassingly high percentage of the vote.
Sorry, I must disagree. There is nothing embarrassing about rejecting both Trump and Hillary. Quite the opposite. That said, I'm voting for Johnson.
Old 10-15-2016, 02:16 AM   #4
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

If anyone has even the least bit of interest in voting for Trump, please read this and then the comments from Trump supporters and tell my why in the hell I shouldn't be concerned about him and the wackos he is digging out from under the rocks to vote for him.

"There’s an apocalyptic tone to Trump’s closing argument. To lay advance blame for his possible defeat, he describes a conspiracy in which Hillary Clinton, House Speaker Paul Ryan, international banks and the media have plotted to bring him down in a stolen election. Trump’s rhetoric, just weeks from Election Day, has raised fears he may refuse to concede, stoke supporters’ anger and encourage unrest following the results, and therefore incite violence."

A few days ago, one named Rhonda told Trump running mate Mike Pence she fears voter fraud and that “if Hillary Clinton gets in, I myself am ready for a revolution” -- a comment that elicited applause from the crowd. Though Pence tried to dissuade her (“Don’t say that,” he said), the Indiana governor too has warned about voter fraud, saying, “Vigilance, I think, is essential to any kind of vibrant democracy.”

Trump inflames these fears, knowing full well that many of his supporters feel just like Rhonda. When he rallies in Pennsylvania, Trump warns his voters to “watch other communities because we don't want this election stolen from us,” and points to Philadelphia, where Clinton is expected to run up large voter margins, saying, “We have to make sure we’re protected.”

The website of a group called “Oath Keepers” stated back in the spring that “If Hillary Clinton is chosen by the establishment to take Obama’s place, the result would probably be outright civil war in the U.S.”

Trump friend and confidant Roger Stone, a proud conspiracy theorist, said in August that Trump should warn his supporters of voter fraud -- indeed, he should “begin talking about it constantly.” Stone added, “If there’s voter fraud, this election will be illegitimate, the election of the winner will be illegitimate, we will have a constitutional crisis, widespread civil disobedience, and the government will no longer be the government.”

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...ef_132066.html

this is way bigger than petty squables between democrats and republicans over tax policy or whatever else we argue about in American politics. This is a full blown nutcase talking nonsense with the purpose of destroying democracy in this country.

Last edited by BlueK; 10-15-2016 at 02:24 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2016, 02:41 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Back to Evan McMullin...he is not married. I think he has actually never been married.

That's really weird. Decently handsome, "successful", well-spoken 40 year old Mormon male who ASPIRES to be POTUS, yet is not married, no family. Couldn't even qualify to be a Bishop.

What's up with that? It very much goes against the grain of Mormon culture.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:46 PM   #6
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Back to Evan McMullin...he is not married. I think he has actually never been married.

That's really weird. Decently handsome, "successful", well-spoken 40 year old Mormon male who ASPIRES to be POTUS, yet is not married, no family. Couldn't even qualify to be a Bishop.

What's up with that? It very much goes against the grain of Mormon culture.
D.C.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:48 PM   #7
ChinoCoug

His policy positions are good.

Wants to resettle refugees.

Supports free trade.

Supports open immigration.

As long as he doesn't give the rich a blow job with a huge tax cut, I'm fine with all that.

Still voting for Hillary though.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:21 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCoug View Post
D.C.
Come on man, there are 3 mormon women for 1 mormon man in DC. It's the EASIEST place for an educated and "successful" Mormon man to get married.
Old 10-20-2016, 03:22 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

and like Hillary he's a hawk and wants more war in the Middle East. Hooray!
Old 10-20-2016, 06:23 PM   #10
ChinoCoug

Quote:
and like Hillary he's a hawk and wants more war in the Middle East. Hooray!
That's OK. He's concerned about how America is perceived throughout the world. Knows global PR. They won't hate us for attacking people when they like us.

Last edited by ChinoCoug; 10-20-2016 at 06:27 PM.
ChinoCoug is offline   Reply With Quote