cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religious Studies

Old 03-04-2009, 09:38 PM   #21
Anthesian

Anthesian is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
We have commented here upon Metzger's passing, so we thought you were trying a ruse on us. Many of us like the research of Metzger and his protege, Ehrman, and others, but make no mistake, they are not the last word on liberal research.

You have admitted to lying to us in the past, so every mistake you make will look like another ruse. It appears you believe you are more informed and intelligent than us, which may be the truth, but alas we are not total morons.
I understand why you would feel the way you do about the lying. But I don't think you are morons nor do I think I'm more intelligent. Yes, Metzger and Ehrman have influenced a lot of my own thought but I didn't sway in their direction simply because of their scholarship. I moved that way because I started to look at where they were getting their information and the grounds for why they believed the way they do. I agree with you Archaea that they are not the final say.

In a small way, I think you might have given me the benefit of the doubt. Thank you.

Anthesian

The woman caught in adultery deserves the stoning she didn't get. Jesus...why did you have to stick your nose where it didn't belong?
Anthesian is offline   Reply With Quote