cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports

Old 04-06-2015, 09:43 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bryce Harper

we need our Mormon sports heroes for the next generation.

Bryce Harper hit a solo homer today.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...-mr-tim-tebow/

Quote:
Harper decided not to go on a Mormon mission because of his career, though he considered it. That fits for him because proselytizing isn’t his style.

“My mom always told me, ‘You can touch a lot more lives playing baseball and doing good things than you would on a mission,’” Harper said. “It’s very true. Shoot, I’ll tweet about God and get 1,500 retweets and it’s like, that just went to 1,500 people or more.

“I’m going to try to be the best person I can off the field [and promote my faith that way]. What I say is, ‘I try to be the best walking Book of Mormon as I can.’”
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:36 PM   #2
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Good for him. I would have loved it if he'd played a couple of years for BYU. I know BYU recruited him and his girlfriend went there to play soccer, but of course players of his talent almost never play college baseball.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote