cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-12-2007, 05:07 PM   #21
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Trent was also a year younger so it would not surprise me if he was a bit intimidated. I recall his comments after a recruiting trip to Stanford or Florida State where he commented that he did not like the role that team envisioned for him, underneath and banging.

My guess is that it was a little of both. He probably played a center in a zone defense and just cleaned up the boards and then drifted on offense and scored most of his points on putbacks. Sorta of how Britton Johnsen was in HS. Britton just had the blessing of a great college coach who demanded Britton stop being an athlete and become a basketball player.
Correct - Britton spent a lot of time outside while in high school and benefitted from a college coach who knew what needed to be done play in order for Britton to develop into a better player.

What little I've seen of Plaisted is that he could have some great post moves with his quickness. His footwork seems to be pretty good and with his height, he could cause a lot of problems for the opposition if he gets the ball on the block. If I were Rose, I'd get out some of my old college tapes and show Plaisted how a teammate named (H)Akeem played with his back to the basket.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 05:10 PM   #22
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Correct - Britton spent a lot of time outside while in high school and benefitted from a college coach who knew what needed to be done play in order for Britton to develop into a better player.

What little I've seen of Plaisted is that he could have some great post moves with his quickness. His footwork seems to be pretty good and with his height, he could cause a lot of problems for the opposition if he gets the ball on the block. If I were Rose, I'd get out some of my old college tapes and show Plaisted how a teammate named (H)Akeem played with his back to the basket.

Hakeem would be a great guy for Plaisted to study. Plaisted's quickness advantage in college is at least as good as Hakeem's was in the pro's. Today's ref's will allow the traveling, too.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote