cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 09:42 PM   #21
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
You're right, winning solves a lot. So would better scheduling.
Unfortunately, better scheduling is a nightmare because quality teams are scared senseless to play us in Provo, which is why we have to resort to the Nuclear Refuse Center for any decent "home" games.

That's why getting a mediocre Seton Hall team almost seemed like a scheduling coup last year.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #22
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

I think attendance is just right. I can buy $5 for my kids (or get free tickets a lot of the time) have them sit with me in my seats that are pretty good or go down even lower because people don't use their tickets. For a couple games a year we'll go all the way down and sit in the front row or second row just for fun. My youngest son can usually track down Cosmo to get a high five. It gets packed and crazy for a couple games a year. I couldn't ask for better situation.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #23
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Unfortunately, better scheduling is a nightmare because quality teams are scared senseless to play us in Provo, which is why we have to resort to the Nuclear Refuse Center for any decent "home" games.

That's why getting a mediocre Seton Hall team almost seemed like a scheduling coup last year.
I don't know that I buy that. Boylen inked home and homes with Gonzaga, Oregon, and Cal. Now of course the Utes are a bigger name in hoops, and maybe that is why we were able to get these games. However, the Huntsman Center is traditionally harder to play in then the Marriott Center.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:28 AM   #24
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
I don't know that I buy that. Boylen inked home and homes with Gonzaga, Oregon, and Cal. Now of course the Utes are a bigger name in hoops, and maybe that is why we were able to get these games. However, the Huntsman Center is traditionally harder to play in then the Marriott Center.
I don't buy it either. I think BYU has tried to schedule easy at home to get more wins. I'm not talking about scheduling 5 or 6 games against top 10 teams. It has not been that hard doing home and homes with PAC 10 teams before and I don't think decent WAC teams or even Missouri Valley teams would be that hard to get. There is a middle ground. It doesn't have to be either Duke or St. Mary's school for the blind.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote