cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #21
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof-Bball View Post
Yes. When? Not specified. But things can change. I know jimmer would like a shot.
The media guys seem to think Jimmer will get a shot at point. The trouble I see is that it weakens us on the wings. We can't afford to be weaker on the wings. Loyd doesn't shoot well enough for a two, Pinegar, Emery, and Abuou (sp) haven't played enough at this level. Having Jimmer at the two helps the team more than having Jimmer at the 1.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2008, 09:19 PM   #22
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
The media guys seem to think Jimmer will get a shot at point. The trouble I see is that it weakens us on the wings. We can't afford to be weaker on the wings. Loyd doesn't shoot well enough for a two, Pinegar, Emery, and Abuou (sp) haven't played enough at this level. Having Jimmer at the two helps the team more than having Jimmer at the 1.
I agree. We need our wings to be able to shoot. Jimmer can do a little combo but we need his shooting threat from the wing.
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:06 PM   #23
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
I agree. We need our wings to be able to shoot. Jimmer can do a little combo but we need his shooting threat from the wing.
I think Jimmer will start at 2 next year and will see time at point if we have better wings than expected. IOW, if Emery comes back a world beater, if Loyd gets a better deep ball, if Rose turns into a player, if Abuou can really contribute. I think Coach would like to have bigger guys at the 2 and 3 but wants good shooters first and foremost.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 03:22 PM   #24
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I think whether or not Jimmer gets a shat at pg comes down to what Rose can recruit. If Rose can recruit a wing that he believes can come in and start immediately, I think he can shift Jimmer to PG if he cannot find a good wing but finds a pg that he he thinks can start then he keeps Jimmer at the 2. I think Jimmer is a starter at one or the other and where Jimmer starts depends on the best player Rose can find out of a JC.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:46 PM   #25
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

On the Dave Rose coaches show a few nights ago, they did a feature on Jimmer and Jimmer said that he was a "point guard slash shooting guard". After the feature Rose said "We did recruit Jimmer to play some point for us but we really havent needed him with the emergence of Mike Loyd and we feel like we are better having Jimmer play the 2 right now. Maybe in the future we will see Jimmer at the point but not right now."