cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-21-2008, 01:45 AM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
At least Utah fans can live in the past. Their past is a helluva lot better than our present.
Our basketball is a pathetic history of slow footed, no heart, no talent kids who just throw it up stupidly and get nothing done.

Utah has history and something to recollect. BYU has no basketball history of anything in any reasonable memory.

I'm not a fan of Rose if he can't coach a team to one measely NCAA tourney win, perhaps we need to look elsewhere. I hope it means Plaisted stops looking to the NBA as he has no business thinking about anything other than Europe. He can't finish and has no heart.

We get out-rebounded by that lousy team?
Old 03-21-2008, 04:08 AM   #12
RichinVegas

RichinVegas is on a distinguished road

Quit the whinning. BYU has a talented team, remember that Lee Cummard is a junior and will be returning next year. Tavernari is only a Sophmore, and has another two years. Trent Plaisted and Ben Murdock are the only two seniors this year. Dave Rose has been there ONLY 3 years and earned a bid to the NIT, his first year and the NCAA tourney the last two years. All three years, BYU has had 20 or more wins. BYU finished second in the MWC his first year as coach and BYU won the MWC for the second straight year (UNLV may have won the MWC Tourney, but remember we played at HOME, a distinct advantage for the Rebels).

Dave Rose is getting very good recruits to commit to BYU as well (rivals.com).

SIGNED LETTER OF INTENT

Charles Abouo SF 6-4 210 - Wolfeboro, NH

BYU has the talent and skills, they are only lacking a bit of athleticism and speed. Something that Dave Rose will cure in the next year (As a Rebel fan, BYU scares me the most of any team in the MWC). Get out to the games next year and have some fun.
RichinVegas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:14 AM   #13
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Our basketball is a pathetic history of slow footed, no heart, no talent kids who just throw it up stupidly and get nothing done.

Utah has history and something to recollect. BYU has no basketball history of anything in any reasonable memory.

I'm not a fan of Rose if he can't coach a team to one measely NCAA tourney win, perhaps we need to look elsewhere. I hope it means Plaisted stops looking to the NBA as he has no business thinking about anything other than Europe. He can't finish and has no heart.

We get out-rebounded by that lousy team?
Lower your expectations. Then believe and die a painful death like the rest of us.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:20 AM   #14
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichinVegas View Post
Quit the whinning. BYU has a talented team, remember that Lee Cummard is a junior and will be returning next year. Tavernari is only a Sophmore, and has another two years. Trent Plaisted and Ben Murdock are the only two seniors this year. Dave Rose has been there ONLY 3 years and earned a bid to the NIT, his first year and the NCAA tourney the last two years. All three years, BYU has had 20 or more wins. BYU finished second in the MWC his first year as coach and BYU won the MWC for the second straight year (UNLV may have won the MWC Tourney, but remember we played at HOME, a distinct advantage for the Rebels).

Dave Rose is getting very good recruits to commit to BYU as well (rivals.com).

SIGNED LETTER OF INTENT

Charles Abouo SF 6-4 210 - Wolfeboro, NH

BYU has the talent and skills, they are only lacking a bit of athleticism and speed. Something that Dave Rose will cure in the next year (As a Rebel fan, BYU scares me the most of any team in the MWC). Get out to the games next year and have some fun.
Plaisted is a junior, but he may decide he is ready to make life miserable for SHaq and the boys next year.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:26 AM   #15
Brian

Brian has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
At least Utah fans can live in the past. Their past is a helluva lot better than our present.
Past? Dude, we're still playing (c:

Your teams problem is the dude named Johnathan. Totally gay sounding. Sign up a Jeffery to go along with him. Or a Geoffery if you can find him.
John, now that's respectable.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:28 AM   #16
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
and Mike will eat shiz all year from Aggies. We just don't have good basketball players.
You have by far the best players in the conference. Your coach sucks. He does.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:30 AM   #17
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Great. A Rebel fan coming and acting magnanimous. Telling you all to buck up. The ultimate insult.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:31 AM   #18
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Great. A Rebel fan coming and acting magnanimous. Telling you all to buck up. The ultimate insult.
I loooooove Jim Boylen. He really is a great guy.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 11:41 AM   #19
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default BYU gets what they can get......

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
You have by far the best players in the conference. Your coach sucks. He does.
with the restrictions on the type of player that wants to come to BYU and only having Utah, home grown coaches, you put that in a recipe and you get a team that can win the MWC and get killed by the big boys.
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 02:21 PM   #20
The Borg

The Borg is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Outrebounded by 13. Except for Jimmer, this team has no heart. He had as many rebounds as Plaisted. Pure horseshit.
This is what I noticed watching the game too. It really bugged me. No heart, no emotion, no sense of urgency.

Now...I know Coach Rose must have had a "temper your emotions" before the game so they didn't get all geeked up and miss like every basket for the first six minutes...oh....wait...the DID miss every shot in the first six minutes.

But, you would have thought that they would have come out with some attitude to get that chip off their shoulder...some PRIDE in the fact that they are a MWC #1...have not won an NCAA game since forever, for the school, for the conference, for themselves...

No, it only seemed like Jimmer showed up. UGH!
The Borg is offline   Reply With Quote