cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2007, 03:20 PM   #21
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I think Utah returning to dominate is about as likely as BYU football returning to dominate.
So pretty likely.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 03:26 PM   #22
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
So pretty likely.
Well, the BYU is a step ahead of them with one dominating year to build upon. I don't forsee anyone being able to dominate this conference in football. However, I could forsee BYU hoops slipping out of the top tier of the MWC just as I think Utah is another loss to New Mexico or Wyoming from slipping out of the top tier in MWC football.
Old 03-28-2007, 05:46 PM   #23
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree that the days of one team dominating either of the two big sports in this conference is gone. There is a lot of parity these days in the conference and IMO, that's a good thing. Having 3 or 4 teams battling for top dog only pushes all to get better.

I have no idea how long Boylen will stay. Trends show that he'll bolt for a bigger name conference if he has some good years, but I find it amusing that many here are convinced that he will go. I'm not saying that he'll stay a long time,because I have no idea. I'm just pointing out that many are sounding like they're trying to convince themselves that he'll leave and I believe that it's in part that they're a bit concerned that he might be the guy that gets Utah out of it's precipitating tailspin that Giacoletti created. You folks like that Utah has sucked the last two years. I don't blame you - I enjoyed the Crowton years.

Bottom line is that all we as fans can do is speculate. That's what makes it fun.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote