cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-16-2007, 04:32 PM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Really?

The Jazz have one regular player selected in the top 10 picks of a draft (Deron Williams).

Okur, Boozer, Millsap, Fisher, Giracek and Collins are all second round picks.

AK was picked late in the 1st round. Harpring was a mid-first round pick.

For Golden State, Baron Davis was taken 3rd overall, Jason Richardson at 5th overall, Biedrens at 11th overall, as was Mikael Pietrus.

Al Harrington was taken 25th overall, Monta Ellis was taken early in the 2nd round.

Stephen Jackson was undrafted and bounced around the league, as was Matt Barnes. So I don't know that I exactly buy the 'bunch of nobodys' line from Golden State. Sloan got his team to play basketball, not the streetball that the Warriors played.
the warriors would be a good team on the And1 Mix tape tour. MikeWaters is just trying to hype up the warriors so he has a reason why his hometown team got smoked.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:33 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSizzle36 View Post
Really?

The Jazz have one regular player selected in the top 10 picks of a draft (Deron Williams).

Okur, Boozer, Millsap, Fisher, Giracek and Collins are all second round picks.

AK was picked late in the 1st round. Harpring was a mid-first round pick.

For Golden State, Baron Davis was taken 3rd overall, Jason Richardson at 5th overall, Biedrens at 11th overall, as was Mikael Pietrus.

Al Harrington was taken 25th overall, Monta Ellis was taken early in the 2nd round.

Stephen Jackson was undrafted and bounced around the league, as was Matt Barnes. So I don't know that I exactly buy the 'bunch of nobodys' line from Golden State. Sloan got his team to play basketball, not the streetball that the Warriors played.
It's not about where they were drafted. It's about their perceived value and worth at the beginning of this season.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 04:58 PM   #13
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It's not about where they were drafted. It's about their perceived value and worth at the beginning of this season.
Yes, because so many people had the Jazz making the playoffs, let alone advancing to the Western Conference Finals...

I still don't buy it. Sorry.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 05:17 PM   #14
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Yeah GS acted like a bunch of punks. As much as I hate the Jazz there is no defending GS. Matt Barnes is a clown. So is Stephen Jackson. I hate those two players as much as I hate Raja Bell. I do like Davis but his actions and cheap shot at DFish were disappointing. The Jazz need to get tougher. They do need a regulator.

I think most basketball heads had the Jazz in the playoffs or at least competing for the 8th seed. Nobody had them as high as they finished but I don't think that's it's completely true that they were this team of destiny out of nowhere. They're on an amazing run right now and have received every break possible. I think their luck will run out no matter who they face. However, I think they have a legitimate shot at beating the Suns should they get past the Spurs, but I don't think that will happen.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #15
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
Yeah GS acted like a bunch of punks. As much as I hate the Jazz there is no defending GS. Matt Barnes is a clown. So is Stephen Jackson. I hate those two players as much as I hate Raja Bell. I do like Davis but his actions and cheap shot at DFish were disappointing. The Jazz need to get tougher. They do need a regulator.

I think most basketball heads had the Jazz in the playoffs or at least competing for the 8th seed. Nobody had them as high as they finished but I don't think that's it's completely true that they were this team of destiny out of nowhere. They're on an amazing run right now and have received every break possible. I think their luck will run out no matter who they face. However, I think they have a legitimate shot at beating the Suns should they get past the Spurs, but I don't think that will happen.

What REALLY amazed me was Davis' SECOND elbow to Fisher's head! It looked like a pretty unnatural motion to me, with Davis' elbow flailing out to the side like it did and catching Fisher square in the noggin. Fisher refusing to look at Davis afterwards was priceless. Fortunately for Davis, Fisher is actually a class act. Otherwise, both Davis' ego AND his head would be hurting today.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:16 AM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
What REALLY amazed me was Davis' SECOND elbow to Fisher's head! It looked like a pretty unnatural motion to me, with Davis' elbow flailing out to the side like it did and catching Fisher square in the noggin. Fisher refusing to look at Davis afterwards was priceless. Fortunately for Davis, Fisher is actually a class act. Otherwise, both Davis' ego AND his head would be hurting today.
Agreed. Davis showed his true character against the Jazz. He got outplayed by Fisher and couldn't deal with it.

Fisher was such an influence in that round. His experience and poise just calmed the team and helped them remain focussed on winning games 4 and 5.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #17
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Agreed. Davis showed his true character against the Jazz. He got outplayed by Fisher and couldn't deal with it.

Fisher was such an influence in that round. His experience and poise just calmed the team and helped them remain focussed on winning games 4 and 5.
Not to mention Fisher coming up big in game 2 to save the Jazz.
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote