cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2007, 07:33 PM   #1
Requiem

Requiem is on a distinguished road
Default Home for LDS Liberals: Reform Mormonism

www.reformmormonism.or

"On the other hand, Reform Mormons do not believe that the proper role of a church in their lives should be one of governance. They tend to feel that the appropriate role of a church is to support the individual, not to govern it. This is in complete harmony with the Reform Mormon’s views on individual progression and cosmology. So, there is no organizational chart of those in “authority” over a Reform Mormon, because no one is in authority over them, and never will be. Organization that exists around the Reform Mormon movement comes only as a support for individuals, not as a correlated and enforced system – because a correlated, authoritative system would be anathema to individual progression."
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:39 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Here are some real winners

http://www.reformmormonism.org/aof.htm

Quote:
3. We believe that all people are children of God, and may experience God's love in this life, and will return to God after this life. We believe that God's love includes freedom from judgment and condemnation.
Quote:
6. We believe that every individual, by divine birthright, holds complete authority to act in the name, and with the power of, God, and that this power is shared equally among all.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I like their holidays. Three Degree's day and Haun's Mill day.

http://www.reformmormonism.org/obser...days/index.htm
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:46 PM   #4
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post

And not in being chaste, apparently.

"13. We believe in being honest, true, and benevolent; in being faithful to our commitments; in doing good. We seek after things that are virtuous, lovely, of good report, or praiseworthy."

All in all, this looks like a wonderful site for the folks at Cougarguard! SeattleUte, welcome home.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 07:49 PM   #5
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
And not in being chaste, apparently.

"13. We believe in being honest, true, and benevolent; in being faithful to our commitments; in doing good. We seek after things that are virtuous, lovely, of good report, or praiseworthy."

All in all, this looks like a wonderful site for the folks at Cougarguard! SeattleUte, welcome home.
I think the site is an effort at humor. Parody. Enjoy it; it's pretty harmless insofar as critiques go.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2007, 08:06 PM   #6
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I think the site is an effort at humor. Parody. Enjoy it; it's pretty harmless insofar as critiques go.
I could never belong to any religion that is not at least offensive to someone. After my short visit I quote my rarely quoted branch president from West Point: "that was so unnoffensive it would offend noone, including the devil. "
Old 05-07-2007, 09:05 PM   #7
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post

that first one reminds me of the doctrine of the Nehors:

We believe that all people are children of God, and may experience God's love in this life, and will return to God after this life. We believe that God's love includes freedom from judgment and condemnation.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote